kenetrek boots-where to buy

What are your go-to brand of boots for hunting?

• Danner

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • Kenetrek

Votes: 30 33.0%
  • Schnee's

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Meindl

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Zamberlan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 26 28.6%

• Total voters

WyOpitz

I'm going to Bozeman this weekend and I'm going to try on some schnees and kenetrek boots. I've already tried on the Hardscrabbles and really like them. Looks like there is a few places to purchase from in Bozeman, I'm wondering who is recommended for the best fitting. I just don't want someone fitting me incorrectly due to lack of experience making my boot purchase regretful. TIA!

Also, a little poll for fun. What brand of boots do you wear for hunting?

You left Lowa off the list...whoops! If you don't look at those you are missing a great boot.

Last year I wore a pair of Kennetrek's, which will be used as a solid back up. The 200 gram insulation got a bit warm. This year I'm rockin' a pair of Asolo's, been breaking them in for a couple months and my feet couldn't be happier.

With regard to your question, I don't live in MT but if there is an REI around, I have found that they are pretty good at fitting shoes to feet. At least the folks here in Reno are.

Lowa tibet. Best boot I ever owned.

The older non insulated version with real leather fit my narrow low volume feet perfectly.
The newer Lowas with 200 gram insulation and the nubuck? leather I bought this spring have a LOT more volume inside. Had to use very heavy socks to make them work for me but they do.

Last edited:
I'd venture to guess that trying them on at Kenetrek would probably be a good spot...

That is what I wanted to do but wasn't sure if it was an actual store or just their manufacturing facility. I'll give them a call and see what their hours are this weekend.

Kenetrek is the obvious one, but I do believe sportsman's warehouse and Carter's bother carry kenetrek. Either place could fit you. Personally I would go with the non insulated mountain extremes if you go kenetrek. IMO

I used to be a Danner man but I was in the process of destroying another pair when you were posting this thread. I'm still deciding which brand to choose but my top choices at the moment are Lowa, Meindl, and Kenetrek.

I ended up buying the kenetrek hardscrabbles, I've been wearing them with the Sof sole moldable footbeds around my house for almost 2 weeks and no matter how I lace them I get too much heel lift. I know I will get the dreaded heel blisters so I'm just going to take them back to Bozeman. I loved the Schnees Beartooth and should have got it but didn't due to the height. I just don't like tall boots, but I need the ankle support and just need to suck it up. I think I will try the new Schnees Absoraka as well.

You should also check out the new Cabelas meindl Western Guide, looks to be similar to the lowa Tibet with a mountaineering style design.

Anyways. I got another long drive back to Bozeman to try on some boots. Lol

I'm wearing the Kenetrek Bridger Ridge High. They're super comfortable and should be great for early season while it's warm.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back