Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Kansas Mule deer

Brisco

I had a fantastic deer season this year. I didnt end up with the buck I would have liked to but thats hunting and nobodys fault but my own when I had a chance at a big guy.

I saw a ton of deer and passed on a lot of bucks some bigger than the one I harvested. I am blessed to have access to the property I hunt as it holds a tremendous amount of animals this time of year. I saw 15-20 bucks both whitetail and mule deer over the course of the hunt. I only had four days due to my vacation being cut short at the last minute and this guy ended up as a last day end of the day deer.

I had my almost six year old son with me and he was a trooper we left at 6am and got home at 6pm and had a great time. Those that hunt with kids know the challenges but the reward is so much greater when you can share the experience with them. He was just about ready to take the gun and shoot this deer as I wasn't getting it done fast enough. Next year he will most likely have his own tag and can harvest his first animal.

A respectable 4X4 and a freezer full of meat. The smile says it all!
picture.php

Way to go Brisco and son! Short sleeve weather for firearms season seems so wrong. 68 degrees for highs and lows "way down to 41" aren't classic deer hunting weather.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back