K Frame Birthday selfie....

noharleyyet

4" S&W 66-4....circa '94 IIRC, somewhat hard to come by...gunstore owner's security piece priced fairly. I took the ugly round butt rubber grips off & installed some old K-19 squares on hand til the new rosewood round to square conversions arrive. About 45 mins of Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish to blend the MIM trigger and hammer...cleaned & polished frame.

I have one of those (not that pretty, it’s a working gun).
Great find, EVERY handgunner should have one.
In my HUMBLE opinion, the model 66, 4 inch is THE most versatile hand gun ever.

Small enough to council in a pinch, big enough to handle a serious round like the .357 Mag.
Barrel is short enough to fit inside the waist band, but long enough to produce functional accuracy and velocity.
The heavy .357 loads are enough for everything but big bears, and very few handguns are enough for big bears anyway.
The .38 wad cutter loads are mild enough to teach a 7 years old to shoot a handgun.
If you reload, ammo is as cheap as anything short of rimfire, and .38 brass can be picked up for free at most ranges.
Nothing is more reliable.
I have told (about a thousand people) if you are only going to own one handgun, this is the one.

A man just can't have enough of those. The targets are a huge improvement from the goodyears. Nice gun.

Rosewood square conversions...

S&W Insig'd

...fills the gap where round butt radius begins..

Spiffier than the OEM target grips but doesn't fill the hand as well.

The Hogue bounceys actually felt ok...but I just couldn't bear to see the old gal dressed that shabbily.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back