Caribou Gear

Joys if buying ammo in NY or CT

Deerhunter80

So some of u may remember I was looking for 338 ammo, well I found it thanks to the guys on the forums, but I still had ammo on back order from cabelas since July.... Check out the email I just received...

Dear Cabela’s Customer,

A new law restricting the sale of ammunition to New York goes into effect on January 15, 2014, and Cabela’s must be in compliance with the law by that date. In order to be in compliance by the deadline, our last date to ship ammunition in to New York is today, January 3rd. This will allow enough time for potential delivery delays due to weather or other factors; ammunition must be delivered to customers in New York before January 15th, 2014.

Our records show that you are still awaiting delivery of ammunition that is on backorder. The supplier for this product has been unable to provide more inventory to us to fulfill your backorder. As a result, we are not able to ship the ammunition that you ordered and get it delivered to you before the new law goes in to effect. We are very sorry about this situation.

Sincerely,
Cabela’s Inc.

Oiee it's getting tough to get anything out east !!! Think I aught to move to Alaska.

I moved to Texas in 2001, after living for 30 years in New Jersey. It took me 2 days to decide that I was not going back.

Good luck.

I moved to Colorado from upstate NY when I retired from the Army...I'm not looking back. I can go back and visit family and friends a couple weeks a year and still have my property and dream home here without all the God awful outrageous taxes, plus the ability to hunt elk and antelope and mule deer.

I hear you john the rat race out here is ridiculous. Another 20 and I will retire out west... That's the goal at least...

I moved to Texas in 2001, after living for 30 years in New Jersey. It took me 2 days to decide that I was not going back.

Good luck.

After a couple of years at Ft Hood, I don't even like the drive to Amarillo to turn east onto 40 to go see my kids in Oklahoma :D

If the laws don't affect the sale of components, just buy a reloading setup. Makes your guns more interesting anyway.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back