jim zumbo's black bear hunt

JB

Protector of Innocent Idiots
anyone see the black bear hunt in west virginia? .......hunted with hounds and hillfolk.........it was a funny show.

JB....did Zumbo explain the ramifications of the moon phase (or moonshine) on this hunt? :D

I didn't see it. I wish I had. I've hunted black bears in West Virginia. Tons of bears there. Houndhunting took a big chunk out of the population but it was about time some were killed. They would roam down mainstreet and eat your dogs food off the front porch, haha. I have some video of 3 small ones. In WV they have to be 100 lbs or better to shoot them and mother/cub groups are off limits. These didn't appear to be large enough but a later review by more experienced bear hunters said they were legal. Who knows. WV is some of the prettiest country in the east.

I saw it. They certainly had quite a crew. The older houndsman he kept trying to interview was certainly a talkative fellow. I think his longest reply to one of Zumbo's questions might have pushed to two words if you counted the sound of him clearing his throad.

Pretty country where they were at.

One thing that annoys me on hunting shows though is the overcoaching of women trying to shoot. I don't think Jim had to tell her exactly when to shoot the bear in the tree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back