Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Jackson Hole Sheds

So has anybody ever done the shed hunt in the Teton Nation forest behind the Jackson Winter range?
Im sure its a huge rodeo and not they way most people like to look for sheds but I think I could go for some excitement.
Any thoughts or experience would be appreciated:D

The Boy scouts have exclusive access to the Elk Reserve feed grounds.

From what I hear from the locals, the opening day is quite a rodeo, and I've heard of folks getting caught poaching before Shed season opens.

I gave it a shot last year. It is a rodeo to say the least, but if you go into it with the same attitude as a free public Easter egg hunt you just might find something laying around! The bulls are fairly consistent on were they shed, so the old timers have a little bit of an advantage. You will be competing with guys on horse back. I wouldn't recommend waiting until the late morning or afternoon. If you really want to find something I would get in line the night before with everybody else and join the race right away! My two cents...Good Luck!

I'm not sure you could pay me enough to tangle with that mess.
On low snow years and early springs it could be feasible to get away from the masses with some effort, given the antlers may drop deeper into public from the refuge. If it were me, I'd antler hunt around some of the feedgrounds in the WY range. Granted, that puts you closer to the Springers and their mechanized ponies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScatterGunHamilton
Back