PEAX Equipment

It's what's for Dinner

Phaseolus

Hunting and Gathering. Elk tenderloins (unit 41 cow) pan seared in sesame oil with fresh picked wild asparagus. They would have been barbequed if the darn wind wasn't blowing so hard Feel free to add yours.

If I were more of an artist I would have rotated the picture for better presentation. Note the rodent dog in the lower right hoping for droppage.

I've got a buddy that lives near Grand Junction and the asparagus grows wild along the roads...best tasting I've ever had when they go pick it off the back roads and 2 tracks

Asparagus pee? JK, If we grew morels and asparagus here I would be out foraging everyday!

We do!!! Just give it a few weeks! The asparagus is tougher to come by, but head west a bit and it's a little more common. If this rain keeps up we'll be covered in morels after some warm weather!

Looks good. Hopefully after this season I can post my own pics of some grilled elk.

Fruita, CO. Dove Creek can not produce seed, they have too high humidty/morning dew and as a result have common bacterial blight which knocks them out of the certified seed program. I know the family that runs Southwest Seed near Dove Creek, Their farm borders Hovenweap National Monument and they have some killer elk shed hunting/

Phaseolus,

Hunted elk on North Mt. near Miramonte Reservoir, not far from Norwood last year...had to take the paved route thru Dove Creek due to the rain and snow on the shorter dirt route out of Dolores. Looks like the farrmland around Dove Creek got some much needed rain last fall. Someone told me about the good pintos grown in the area. Did not know that about seed...interesting.

Welcome to the site..good people here.

Ken

Hey Ken...that's some of my stomping grounds!! I'm partial to Indian Springs area in Dry Creek Basin. Did you know they poisoned Miramonte this past summer? Somehow smallmouth bass ended up in the lake and were eating the stocker trout, so they nuked the place...too bad cuz it was good fishing.

Yea John...was looking fwd to some fishing there but it was not to be. Do you know the current condition? I get a free license with my 600 dollar tag this year this year.:D

Let me call my buddy that lives out there in the next few days and I'll let you know. I'm guessing it's going to be a good long time before it has good fishing again.

Back