PEAX Equipment

It sucks being left handed

mdunc8

I've decided to suck it up and retire my 16 year old Hoyt. I checked out a couple of the local shops, but they don't have much for left handed bows in my price range ($500ish) and weren't willing to bring in any for me to try out. Although there seems to be some really good deals on ArcheryTalk and Ebay, I'm hesitant to buy anything without shooting it first especially since I'm not familiar with any of the new technology. Does anyone have any creative suggestions to help me find a bow? There is a '05 Hoyt Vipertec and Mathews Switchback on Craigslist. I don't mind buying a lightly used bow, but I'm not sure I want one that's been hauled through the woods for the last eight years. Are there any left handers in the Bozeman area that have a bow they're looking to get rid of (or at least let me shoot before I buy my own)?

Just buy one from a reputable seller on AT. I have purchased two bows from the AT classifieds that I had never shot. Any bow made within the last two or three years is going to be so much better than your old bow your going to love it.

I've bought 3 bow off ebay. It helps being able to work on them yourself if you need to make adjustments. Find a year or two old demo bow or old stock from a reputable dealer and you're set. Actually being a lefty makes it much easier to find a good deal. If you are a lefty, have a short draw and don't mind shooting a 50-60lb model bow you can find some screaming deals.

Sorry, I don't have any creative suggestions for you, but I am sympathetic to your problem--manufacturers and dealers don't seem to care much for us southpaws.

What!?! I have no problem being a 'lefty' and finding great bows for great deals...Especially at years end! :cool:

Back