MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Israel and iran...

Will Israel/Iran conflict result in a larger war?

• Yes

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters
Iran just saw nearly everything they sent get shot down. I doubt they would be stupid enough to take them on in a full blown war.

Geographically impossible for those two countries to engage in conventional warfare.

Hezbollah, as a Shia actor, is Iran’s only real ally with any current capabilities that shares a border with Israel. They seem skittish about inviting a full blown conflict, not to mention that Lebanese politics are unstable enough that it’d create a plausible opening for internal conflict, as has happened before during wars with Israel. Uncertain how much pestering they can get away with at their southern border as I doubt Israel currently has the appetite to repeat 1982.

Syria, although led by a sect of Shia (Alawites) friendly with Iran, is still in shambles and isn’t in much of a position to participate.

Jordan & Egypt are both Sunni countries, dislike Iran, and are low-key allies of Israel’s.

I think Israel has proven capable of intercepting Iranian missiles. They might keep lobbing them at one another, but I don’t see a “widening” of that particular conflict between Israel and Iran in a conventional sense.

Back