Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

ISO: Wall Tent (Colorado, will look @ other locales)

cedahm

So, after years of riding a couple of buddies coat-tails on the wall tent front and having a lack of garage/side space for a pop-up trailer (plus my propensity to lead them into places that smash them up), I am officially looking for a wall tent of my own.

Prefer a framed setup. Canvas preferred (Davis/Montana/Colorado tent, et al). Not sure I'm sold on the Cabelas Alaknak. Needs to be woodstove-capable, but not necessarily including a stove. Craigslist ads are pretty thin in CO right now.

Price range is negotiable depending. It absolutely does not need to be super pristine. "Character" is great so long as it doesn't leak buckets. Would prefer to be in the 16' range since I think a 10x12 is too limiting if my MN buddies decide to multiply one of these years.

I know this is a relative long shot, but as we move into spring and folks are thinking of divesting/upgrading, thought I'd throw it out there.

As noted in title - I'm in CO (Littleton), but willing to consider stuff from other places in today's age of video/photo capability.

Thanks, HT'ers

I just acquired an approximately 20 year old canvas wall tent w/ stove jack and half floor. It had re-manned wooden poles, stakes and the works. I have only set it up partially once (dang you ND wind). I plan on setting it up again soon and if I do I'll snap some pics and shoot you a price. Granted, I'm in North Dakota and not sure how much you want to pay to ship it!

I bought a Davis last year for an elk camp and it turned out amazingly well. the customer service is the best and they are made right in denver. they often run sales on their website so based on the size you can get a smoking deal. think i paid around $2200 for tent, frame, fly, floor and stove.

I wanted to say a guy on here was selling a wall tent a couple weeks back. check the classifieds forum section to see if he still has it for sale.

good luck

I just acquired an approximately 20 year old canvas wall tent w/ stove jack and half floor. It had re-manned wooden poles, stakes and the works. I have only set it up partially once (dang you ND wind). I plan on setting it up again soon and if I do I'll snap some pics and shoot you a price. Granted, I'm in North Dakota and not sure how much you want to pay to ship it!

Send me some pics whenever you get around to setting it up. I work in Logistics/Supply Chain for a living so I can figure out shipping :)

I bought a Davis last year for an elk camp and it turned out amazingly well. the customer service is the best and they are made right in denver. they often run sales on their website so based on the size you can get a smoking deal. think i paid around $2200 for tent, frame, fly, floor and stove.

I wanted to say a guy on here was selling a wall tent a couple weeks back. check the classifieds forum section to see if he still has it for sale.

good luck

My friend has a Davis and it's been stellar. I was hoping to get something used as a starter to make sure I'm going to get the use out of it that I think I will. I'm on it - I searched once and didn't turn much up, will scroll through the forum today.

Davis has a deal of the month, can be some good deals. I've got two of their tents now and had two others. You can't beat their quality, best thing is give them a call to see what they can do for you.

Take a look at Reliable, just my opinion but they are better quality than the others, and yes I also have a Davis, check the tent shop too

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back