Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Is this the end of Kerry???

feclnogn

next to the rock over by the tree on the other sid
Wednesday, April 7, 2004 10:41 a.m. EDT
Kerry: Terrorist Shiite Al-Sadr 'a Legitimate Voice'

In an interview broadcast Wednesday morning, Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry defended terrorist Shiite imam Muqtada al-Sadr as a "legitimate voice" in Iraq, despite that fact that he's led an uprising that has killed nearly 20 American GIs in the last two days.

Speaking of al-Sadr's newspaper, which was shut down by coalition forces last week after it urged violence against U.S. troops, Kerry complained to National Public Radio, "They shut a newspaper that belongs to a legitimate voice in Iraq."

In the next breath, however, the White House hopeful caught himself and quickly changed direction. "Well, let me ... change the term 'legitimate.' It belongs to a voice — because he has clearly taken on a far more radical tone in recent days and aligned himself with both Hamas and Hezbollah, which is a sort of terrorist alignment."
story

If this stuff starts showing up in Bush TV and radio adds I think this could end ole Kerry's run for the prize. This cleric is calling for the killing of our soldiers and Kerry says he has a legitimate voice?? I think he's toast.
:D

Didn't we invade Iraq, to free the oppressed majority (Shiites) from the minority dictator of the Sunnis? So now, on one side we have Sunnis shooting at us, and the other side we have Shiites shooting at us....

Tell me again why we are there????

We are there so that the liberals have ammunition against the President...Other wise they have nothing, well, actually it is still nothing for them...LOL....

Originally posted by ELKCHSR:
We are there so that the liberals have ammunition against the President...Other wise they have nothing, well, actually it is still nothing for them...LOL....
So we are there for Political purposes only? :confused:

One thing I have to say about Saddam is that, contrary to ElkGunner's post above, the Shiite Moslems were not terrorized more than anyone else. We did not invade Iraq to free the Shiites or the Sunnis. The Kurds were the minority oppressed by Saddam. Other than that, he was an equal opportunity oppressor and I do not see him as a particularly religious leader in any event. Christians or Moslems of any sect were not targeted - only those who opposed Saddam.

We invaded Iraq due to the fear that a rogue regime might provide the weapons of mass destruction, that pretty much everyone believed Saddam had, to terrorists if it suited his agenda. We can go back and debate all over again the issue of those WMDs, but Saddam wanted his enemies to believe he had them, he had used them in the past against the Kurds, his own generals thought he had them, and so on. If he got rid of them or had never re-assembled them is immaterial. He was a potential threat to our people. Now he is not. Done deal.

It does seem that the media and every one else for that matter was under the impression that when we stormed Baghdad that there would be terrible things happen because the specter of WMD was hanging there...
I think Sadam made the simple mistake of rattling his saber at the wrong president, I also believe that if our esteemed Mr. Klinton had gotten to that point, which I just don’t believe he had the gonads (they were sucked out by interns) to get that far, he would have backed down and made some excuse to back out and stop the whole show…

Originally posted by Calif. Hunter:
One thing I have to say about Saddam is that, contrary to ElkGunner's post above, the Shiite Moslems were not terrorized more than anyone else. We did not invade Iraq to free the Shiites or the Sunnis. The Kurds were the minority oppressed by Saddam.
Cali,
Couldn't we protect the Kurds with the "No-Fly Zone", like we had for the previous 9 years?

Cali,

I kind of am seeing a pattern, where nobody can explain why we are there. It wasn't because of an Al-Quaida connection. It wasn't to help the Kurds (who had been killed and buried in mass graves), it wasn't for the Shiites.... It wasn't for the Turks, ......

Was it only for the fear that WMDs 'might' be transferred out of Iraq or was it as Elkchsr says that it was just for Political Reasons.?

OK EG here is why we went to war in Irag,

We went because our intel said they HAD WMD and could use them at any moment. The French intel said the same, as did the British, the Russian, and the Israely. Imagine if they had them used them and Bush did nothing to prevent it. Look at what is going on with this 9-11 commision. The dems are claiming that Bush new and did nothing or was to busy doing other things to bother. Damned if you do damned if you don't. It is better to err on the side of caution and be wrong, although we have yet to 100% conclude we were wrong than to do nothing.

Do you read the posts above yours?

Here is what I said, again -

We invaded Iraq due to the fear that a rogue regime might provide the weapons of mass destruction, that pretty much everyone believed Saddam had, to terrorists if it suited his agenda. We can go back and debate all over again the issue of those WMDs, but Saddam wanted his enemies to believe he had them, he had used them in the past against the Kurds, his own generals thought he had them, and so on. If he got rid of them or had never re-assembled them is immaterial. He was a potential threat to our people. Now he is not. Done deal.

And here is whatI said regarding the plan -

You think the President has no plan, but you also say he is still sticking to the deadline to turn control over to the Iraqis and our military forces there are working to quell the unrest. Hmmm - kinda sounds like a plan to me.

Elkgunner, here's 7 major objectives achieved by the war in Iraq so far.

1. We put an end to threats of WMD from Saddam now and in the future.

2. We won a victory over terrorism. He reached out to bin Laden in the 90s, he provided false passports, sanctuary, and instructed others in murder.

3. We denied Middle East enemies a victory in claiming Saddam had survived and triumphed over us.

4. We learned lessons about fighting wars in that region to be more effective next time.

5. We gave potential enemies a vivid and compelling demonstration of our ability to win swift and total victory over enemy forces with minimal casualties to us.

6. We aided the forces of democracy in the region.

7. We eliminated the Arab world's cruelest and most tyrannical ruler, liberated an entire nation, and are reforming the moral climate in the whole Middle East.

(ref. An End to Evil: How to win the war on terror by D.Frum and R. Perle.)

You think they're good reasons?

Bush has got my vote!

Bush has my vote as well. You bottom feeders that want to complain now are the same who would have been crying the loudest if we hadn't gone into Iraq and Sadam had done something terrible.

Or should I say, something MORE terrible & carried out directly against the United States.

Here's some more of that article.
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/4/7/104340.shtml

"But Kerry again seemed to voice sympathy for the Shiite terrorist when asked whether he supported al-Sadr's arrest. "Not if it’s an isolated act without the other kinds of steps necessary to change the dynamics on the ground in Iraq," Kerry told NPR, in quotes first reported by the New York Sun."

The Iraqi's have issued a murder warrant for this man's arrest and Kerry doesn't support it?

EG if no *one can tell you why we are in Iraq maybe it is because no *one can tell you anything! :D

* Modified lby Pawclaws, 12 Apr 04; inserted space.

[ 04-12-2004, 18:03: Message edited by: pawclaws ]

Back