Yeti GOBOX Collection

Interesting Video

How many shots are legal I guess is my question? All of the shotguns I have ever used only have three unless the plug is removed.

For Waterfowl you, other then the Snow Goose Conservation season, must hunt with a shotgun capable of only holding three shotgun shells. What he is doing in this video is called floating the 4th. Some semi auto shotguns allow you to "float" a 4th shell.

This is an illegal practice of placing a fourth shell under the bolt in the void before the magazine. For a nationally known waterfowl hunter and call maker to blatanly do it on a televised show is almost too idiotic to comment on. It also show real quesitonable ethics.

If you need to float the fourth in Canada hunting in fields using spinners you aren't much of a duck hunter.

Nemont

Thats kind of what I figured. I am not much of a duck hunter, but didn't figure that was the most ethical thing. The bad part about all of that is that he is giving the anti hunting crowd more to use against us.

This is an illegal practice of placing a fourth shell under the bolt in the void before the magazine. For a nationally known waterfowl hunter and call maker to blatanly do it on a televised show is almost too idiotic to comment on. It also show real quesitonable ethics.

I think my Benelli will do this. I say that as I have put the fourth under the bolt, but never shot the gun to see if it would cycle. Not too worried about that 4th shot in my gun since I should stop shooting after the second shot anyway. I proved that last year with you when I put three holes in the sky with a drake that started out in my face.:eek: :BLEEP: |oo :D

Must of hit a nerve with this all over the internet. The video was removed.

Here is Mr. Foiles explanation for the 4th shot.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:14 pm Post subject: 4 shells

1st of all a benelli sbe2 will NOT carry the 4th shell like the old ones did. Any of You benelli Guys know that the new sbe2s wont carry the 4th but the old ones would and I am sure You have seen many Guys do that. I used to shoot a SX 2 and it wouldn't eiher. When I made the switch to Benelli I have shot nothing but the new guns ( which will not carry 4). I don't spring snow goose hunt and when I have I have an old Benelli that I leave with an extension tube on. So I never have had the plug out of the new ones and won't. What I did is this, something I have done for years carry a 4th shell in My right hand. A lot of the ole timers I hunted with over the years did it and were awesome at it. I have won a couple of steak diners over it. When the 3rd shell roles out , You roll it it at that last second. Is it right? Its not illegal but it is fun, I have tried it with 2 and can't do it. Its really kind of fun to see if You can do it. I have hunted for 44 years, done it since I was a kid, not all the time but several exspecially shooting trap. I haven't had a game violation, and have hunted all over the world. When I laughed in the video, the reason was because we had just discussed it over diner the night before. I really hope You Guys enjoyed the other 2 hours and 58 minutes of the video. See ya at game Fair and DU Thanks and have a great season Jeff

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back