Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Inheritance rifle for hunting. 1960's Weatherby

Have fun with that rifle !! My elk rifle is a Remington 700 in .300 Win. Mag. that I inherited from my father's best hunting buddy. He purchased the rifle around 1964.

Very nice! I agree with the consensus here...clean it lightly and thoroughly, get some new ammo, and try it out!

Wow. Just wow. Run some patches, clean and lubricate as usual and you're good to go. You will have no issues with that rifle. It is a feat of firearm engineering when it really meant something. Holy man. Beautiful elk rifle. Good for you, and good for great grandpa and grandma. Do him proud.

I inherited a very expensive rifle from a very very close friend. Sporterized in 1945 it's a 1903 Springfield. Done by Paul Jaeger, it was appraised in 1993 at $7500! I used to take it out to shoot but didn't hunt with it for 22yrs. Then decided that if I wasn't going to hunt with it, I probably should have not got it in the first place! Used it on elk this year. It's one for one with a 180gr Hornady interlock. Make's me feel better and hope it make' Bud feel better! Wonderful rifle! It's my elk rifle from now on,

I inherited a very expensive rifle from a very very close friend. Sporterized in 1945 it's a 1903 Springfield. Done by Paul Jaeger, it was appraised in 1993 at $7500! I used to take it out to shoot but didn't hunt with it for 22yrs. Then decided that if I wasn't going to hunt with it, I probably should have not got it in the first place! Used it on elk this year. It's one for one with a 180gr Hornady interlock. Make's me feel better and hope it make' Bud feel better! Wonderful rifle! It's my elk rifle from now on,

Pics?

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back