Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Idaho

2pointslayr

Nobody is posting much about the state at all, are you guys just not seeing the deer numbers this year or just nobody hunting at all. I will be leaving tomorrow to go for a few days in the back country.

Gonna be a live hunt from Idaho, starting next Saturday. Figured I would let the flurry of open weeks subside before I go down and see if the deer want to be more photogenic than the elk have been.

Good luck on your hunt.

yeah always let the first wave go through but there is usually anyone up where i will be so im stoked good luck on your hunt as well.....

Theres one less than there was on the 9th of October. Found this guy opening morning and decided he was plenty good enough. The only "downer" is now I have to buy another tag since I have the last two weeks of the season scheduled off.:hump::hump:

096.jpg

Even a few miles from any road I saw more hunters than deer. I did see some smaller bucks but didn't put the cross hairs on anything. I did see a huge bull that wasn't around my last week of bow season. Hopefully he makes it through the next month and I can find him next year. I know there has been some success from talking to the local F&G guys but pressure seems to be up as well. Possibly economy based but I have seen more beater cars parked at the lower trail heads than I have ever seen before.

Ya, I have seen a few buck taken but not as many as normal. Good buck ultrahunter, hoping to get out and start chasing them soon, if not I will hunt late season with the wife. Good luck to all.

I seen 4 does and a spike and about 12 guys running around on dirt bikes i was 5.2 miles in according to gps sucks when joy riders that are unarmed are just riding around

Joy riders, or PITA? I wondered about this since setting up camp last Wednesday. What a bunch of D Wads running around out there.

Two 400 inch bulls have been taken outta idaho this year one was by my buddy. there is game here just neeed to know where to look. We are on a comeback baby

I've seen some huge bulls but not while my tag was valid. With the water and warm weather they aren't where they usually are this time of year. I hope we have another big water year next year. I've seen springs that are still wet that usually dry up by mid to late June. This has probably been one of my best years for close encounters with all sorts of critters, I just need to find the one I have a tag for when it's valid and get it in range.

I don't know about everyone else but I am just not seeing as many does as I normally do. I believe fish and game when they report they had a 90 percent fawn mortality in central idaho I also believe southern idaho had a very hi deer mortality but they do not have the radio collar and helicopter survey info to make a statement about it. I think the elk made it through the winter just fine but the deer and antelope really suffered. It will be interesting to see the harvest data for 2011. fish and game is always down playing the numbers whenever we have a die off ( gotta sell those out of state tags) so if they say 90 percent it was very serious.

elkmagnet i agree with the mule deer i have seen alot less also but for some reason more elk??? just have to wait and see the harvest reports like you said.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back