Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Idaho Youth season

Wally Dog

Opens in the morning. Anyone else assisting youth hunter this weekend?
I'm going to accompany a friend and his 11 yr old daughter on a nice morning hunt.
WD

O-Towns Doe Antelope season opens in the Morning so we'll be out doing that.

I'm half tempted to throw in a shotgun for him and drive by the river for fun just in case.

I am heading out soon to try and get my oldest onto a mule deer buck he so badly wants.

Best of luck to W.D. and O-Town on their hunts.

We had a smokin good morning. Hunted a public area, rode mtn bikes in, set up in choice "B" as a group had arrived before us....Had multiple, multiple birds in good gun range in the air and on the water. Gaddys, mallards, teal, woodys, smilin' mallards. Our 10 yr old shooter got off one quality shot that was a near miss. It sure puts in perspective how different rifle hunting and shotgunning are. Youngens just need opportunties at clay targets or cans or anything moving. It also put in perspective how a youth can have a terrific time without killing anything at all. A spectacular morning was had by all!
WD

Wally Dog is dang near a Founder of this place.......

Still a prick, but he's been here awhile so we let it slide ;)

WD, when you get time next week, drop me a line and I'll come over and have lunch with you. It's been awhile !! I promise I won'r bring Jose' ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back