Idaho spring DIY bear

Gettinruthless

Hey everyone! Glad to join this site as I see a lot of you have great post, stories and such!

I have been consistently pursuing bear for 2 years now in Idaho but have come up empty handed without even sighting them. I had almost taken one several years ago around the Horseshoe Bend area but the wind had other plans that day.

I've gone out 3 times so far this year and put in some distance in the boots but have turned up without even a track..

Anyone know any prime or at least decent locations ranging from New Meadows all the way to 39 if need be? It seems I need a new area.

No baits, spot n stalk.

Much appreciated!

Eric

We couldn't beat em off with a stick near Stanley a few years ago... still snow up there now. Maybe in a month?

Thanks for such quick responses!

I've heard garden valley numerous times haha guess I need to listen and head out. Though not to familiar with the area.. Any forest service roads in that area closed? Gates?

I understand everyone has their spot so I'm just tryin to get the basics.

As for Stanley the snow needs to hurry up eh?

GR, I always check with the FS to find out FS roads closed and which ones. Also make sure to check out the travel maps because some road are closes certain times a year and open others. FS guys/gals can be your friend if you treat them right.

Thanks for such quick responses!

I've heard garden valley numerous times haha guess I need to listen and head out. Though not to familiar with the area.. Any forest service roads in that area closed? Gates?

I understand everyone has their spot so I'm just tryin to get the basics.

As for Stanley the snow needs to hurry up eh?

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back