Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Idaho Spring Bear unit 22 & 31

I am starting to run into more and more bears. I seen a total of 5 this weekend. I seen one I really want to shoot. I got about 290 yards from him for about 10 minutes. I first seen him at over 1000 yards and got a couple photos through my spotting scope then. I put my camera in my pack after that and wasn't able to get any more photos of him.
C-Tank5.JPG
headed back this weekend.

nice pics brock,,,i just got back and bears are out now,,,seen 8 in 9 days of hunting,didnt get one but had a good time,my choice of holding off for a big one.

That bear looks like it hasn't missed many meals. You've got to be itching to get back there, good luck for sure. Are you still trying with your bow?

That bear looks like it hasn't missed many meals. You've got to be itching to get back there, good luck for sure. Are you still trying with your bow?

I thought the same thing, he's a dandy. I am headed back tomorrow to look for him some more. I am still just chasing with my bow, I decided that I am going to do it with my bow or eat the tag. You were right, I am running into more bears later.

I'm afraid you didn't miss anything. I had two close opportunities at bears but both were too small. I enjoyed the hunt, but I won't put in for it again. I did see plenty of bears but I sure enjoy baiting more. I was good to get out and try new hunts in new units.

Back