Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Idaho results

Ridiculous is right. Adults trying to cheat the system...that is really teaching good sportsmanship to our youth. I think all group apps that had 10 or 11 year olds on them should be negated, and not allowed in the 2nd draw, as well as all 10 or 11 year old apps. Harsh lesson...but the law is clearly written in the IDFG book. I can't wait to see how this unfolds, talk about breaking their own laws.

Wow I'm all for kids getting tags following the rules. But fish and game should do something about this. I bet they are going to get a lot of pissed off people calling and emailing.

But I think it comes down to following the rules. The adults didn't in this case, not a good example to set for the kids. Now fish and game isn't following their own rules.

Extra doe for the wife and I. She also got a cow tag. Hope she gets her first elk this year. Daughter turns 10 in november. Trying to get her into hunter safety. But she may try the online class.

Interesting. First thing I noticed with this draw was the hunts we applied for and a few others I watch had more apps compared to the past few years. I thought it was odd that all 6-7 hunts I watch dropped a few % points. Could just be coincidence though.

Interesting. First thing I noticed with this draw was the hunts we applied for and a few others I watch had more apps compared to the past few years. I thought it was odd that all 6-7 hunts I watch dropped a few % points. Could just be coincidence though.

I noticed the same with a few odds on hunts I applied for. Check out IDFG's latest on FB. I wish I would have seen the comments the first time it was posted before they deleted it and redid the post...imagine that eh.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-Valley-Fish-and-Game/684254924927035?fref=nf

Ok so I'm a little worried. I put in for an unlimited tag but it's saying I didn't draw anything. Anyone know why this would be? It's an archery tag, the only thing I can think of is do I need the archery permit prior to applying for the tag? I didn't see anything anywhere on their site about it though and I had called prior to applying and asked the same question and was told "no you don't need it prior to application." Any help or ideas here? I'll have to call them tomorrow

Ok so I'm a little worried. I put in for an unlimited tag but it's saying I didn't draw anything. Anyone know why this would be? It's an archery tag, the only thing I can think of is do I need the archery permit prior to applying for the tag? I didn't see anything anywhere on their site about it though and I had called prior to applying and asked the same question and was told "no you don't need it prior to application." Any help or ideas here? I'll have to call them tomorrow

Are you 100% certain you entered the right hunt number?

Newb to the forum, but have been hunting most of my life. I live in Boise and I just drew unit 40 archery Elk. Obviously I'm stoked , but nervous at the same time. I have no experience hunting the owyhees and that unit is overwhelmingly big. I put in thinking there's no way I'll draw, but I actually drew one of the ten tags in this new hunt. If there is anyone that might be willing to share any info on this unit, please let me know. Thanks in advance. Tim

If you live in Boise, scouting shouldn't be a problem. I would say that you need to get in the woods and put some tailcameras up asap!!

Ridiculous is right. Adults trying to cheat the system...that is really teaching good sportsmanship to our youth. I think all group apps that had 10 or 11 year olds on them should be negated, and not allowed in the 2nd draw, as well as all 10 or 11 year old apps. Harsh lesson...but the law is clearly written in the IDFG book. I can't wait to see how this unfolds, talk about breaking their own laws.
This just makes me want to puke!
Try explaining to your ten year old that he wasn't eligible to apply when he says "but Johnny next door is ten and he got a deer tag why couldn't I?"
Do you respond with
"his dad broke the rules and that's why he gets to go have a great hunt this year, but cheating is bad and you should never do it"

Or do you just say "never trust IDF&g son"

You know this scenario is playing out all over the state.

If we are choosing what laws we are following I think we should all go through the regulations together and pick which rules we would like to follow.
Hey if we get enough of us breaking a rule we may just get a free pass because it would be to "time consuming" to enforce the rules.

Turns my stomach!

Justin

Just got an email from IDFG.

"Mr. XXXXX,

Thank you for your email and comments. Idaho Fish & Game has received a lot of feedback from concerned parents & hunters over the past three days about this issue. In response, the Director’s Office has decided to take a second look at this decision.

I’ve attached the press release below – if you would like to talk about this further, please send me your number and I will give you a call.

Sincerely,
Michael Pearson"

Woops...sorry Justin. Just got back on here. Here's what they attached...

Fish & Game Revisits Controlled Hunt Decision

Idaho Fish and Game has heard from many concerned hunters and parents about our decision this week to allow 9 through 11 year olds to remain in the recently completed controlled hunt drawing. In response, Fish and Game Director Virgil Moore has decided to give this a second look and will make an announcement early next week.

A new law which takes effect July 1, allows these young hunters to hunt big game, if they are 10 years old by the time they go hunting. Because the first drawing occurred before July 1, these young hunters were ineligible to apply. However, it appears many parents were not aware of this because more than 1,000 ineligible youngsters were entered into the drawing, mainly as part of group applications. Idaho Fish and Game decided to allow these young hunters to remain in the drawing due to administrative and customer service reasons, which include avoiding a delay in releasing the drawing results.

Fish and Game has received numerous phone calls and emails from hunters all over the state who feel that a different solution is necessary. With that in mind, Fish and Game is revisiting this situation to discuss whether there is a more suitable way to rectify this decision. The discussion will continue during the next several days until a final plan of action is reached.

Fish and Game apologizes to all hunters for the confusion, and appreciates the input we have received in recent days.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back