Idaho results

Just like when they lowered the chukar and hun limits a few years ago without the justification, then raised them back up...if they were smart they would drop that 10 year old hunting rule, and put it back to 12 like it's been forever.

I still feel like lately they think they need to keep changing things every year for some reason..and lately it's been for the worse. Although I will give them kudos for funneling all their internet power into the draw results page so it didn't crash.

They still have made some extremely poor decisions regarding other things. I would have rather seen a little increase in license and tags then these new youth hunting ages. Of course there is the exception to the rule...and those responsible hunters. But I would guess there are more parents taking advantage of this then there should be.

But that was another thread...

Spent most of last week out on Lake Powell and then a remote part of Navajo Res ( is there any other part of the Navajo Res/). Got back yesterday and looked up the hunts. Didn't get great hunts, but looks like I will have a rare chance, for me anyway, to kill 2 deer and 2 elk in Idaho. Drew a second chance cow tag during the rut in 30a and then an extra cow tag in Jan/Feb in 63. For deer, drew a buck tag near my home and the extra whitetail also. Could be a great year, will be fun either way. Should have time to do it justice this year. And then......wife drew a bull tag in 30 and both daughters drew cow tags. Hope to be needing a bigger freezer this fall. Priority is going to be on the wife's bull tag.

As far as the screw up with IDFG, I agree with those who think they should pull those tags back and redraw for those hunts. If they don't it truly sends the wrong message.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back