Idaho Results - See you this fall

We didnt get our elk tags so it will be a otc zone now...think I used my luck up in wyoming draw

I'm bummin'. I thought I had a good chance of drawing one of the Elk, Deer, or Antelope tags I put in for, but that didn't happen. I struck out on all three. Havent had much luck in the draws this year, that's for sure. Ill pick up a general deer tag.

Fin, I'm looking forward to watching all of your deer hunts that you have going on this year. Sounds like you have a boat load of deer tags, a nice change from the usual elk heavy schedule. Good luck.

My wife drew antelope rifle and my daughter AND her boyfriend both drew rifle bull tags. Me? Sounds like I drew 3 tags vicariously.

That's the plan. Hopefully the Idaho guys will cut me some slack after this one.

Any chance you can convincingly strike out and claim the wolves ate all of the deer?

That is always on the "excuse list." The list goes in this order and the crew knows it.

1. Blame camera guy(s).
2. If they are not even remotely culpable, then if hunting in MT, WY, ID, or AK, blame wolves.
3. If neither 1 or 2 above is an option, then we blame Obamacare. There is no place, event, or situation that you cannot make some connection to Obamacare. If I'm struggling to connect the dots to Obamacare, I call my uncles and they will connect them with no more than two dots needed.

Never blame the hunter, either guest or host. Never, under any circumstance.

At least I hit second choice and will be hunting rifle cow come October! Five grandkids will be very happy if I get it done.

Stuck out on both deer and elk. It is over the counter for me this year. So Randy, was this a once in a lifetime "odds" type of hunt or were the odds more reasonable like 1 in 15?

Stuck out on both deer and elk. It is over the counter for me this year. So Randy, was this a once in a lifetime "odds" type of hunt or were the odds more reasonable like 1 in 15?

I chickened out after all the pressure and lowered my sights significantly, wanting to really get to Idaho this year.

Well you could have been like me and decided at the store counter to roll the dice on a long shot by myself instead of putting in with my buddy and his son on a hunt with better odds. They will both be hunting a controlled hunt with solid odds of shooting a nice buck while I will be watching the deer thru the spotting scope instead of a rifle scope. Congrats on getting a tag and good luck.

Dec cow elk with Logan, early oct muzzleloader. Should be good times in the hills.

Congrats Randy. I missed the Idaho deadline by a day. good thing there isn't a point system... happy hunting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back