Yeti GOBOX Collection

Idaho Mt Goat Hunt

Congratulations Baerman and crew.

Third picture of entry #20....on the opposite slope there are multiple nearly straight treeless areas running a long way up the slope. What has caused that?

Looks like you were well rewarded for your patiece and hard work.Great hunt.

Congratulations Baerman and crew.

Third picture of entry #20....on the opposite slope there are multiple nearly straight treeless areas running a long way up the slope. What has caused that?

Avalanche chutes. I think caused by snow.

Baerman, what a goat! Mass, length, great coat... You've put in your work and it shows! Congratz on a great trophy, and an awesome story. I too have the stone glacier and boy howdy its awesome, they sure do pack goats well! That last picture of you, sums up success, i feel ya there!!!

Wow, what a beauty. He sure has a nice coat and beard.

Congrats on your awesome trophy! You successful goat hunters are fueling me up to try again for one of these magnificent critters!

Congratulations.Thanks for sharing your hunt.. Now what kind of mount??

I caped it for a full body mount just need to decide a pose taxi says I have five months to think about it. its going to be a long five months.

Like others have said this goat hunting is addictive! Even with the hunt over its still all I can think about.

Thanks everyone. This is one hunt I'll never forget.

The biologist aged him at 7.5 yrs old. Definitely in his prime. I was hoping for a 6 yr old or better and with a lot of luck we found him.

Is goat meat any good? Not sure if I should steak some of him or just grind it all into pepperoni and sausage.

Mine is a little chewy, but cut thin, jerky, fajitas, and the like. I just made a batch of goat jerky last night and man, its good! Just cut some small strips off the backstraps oil the pan and some seasoning salt. The flavor for me was really mild.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back