NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Idaho general deer hunt last week

Congrats on a great buck and equally good photo.

I'm hunting central Idaho again this year. You saw 2 more bucks in huntable areas than I have so far. All bucks I have seen have been in gardens, pastures, or crossing the road at night. I have found elk and bighorn sheep, but not even a doe while hunting.

If your seeing bighorns while mule deer hunting in Idaho, you probably need to move further south.

An Idaho elk and deer hunt is starting to interest me.See alot of good deer come from there

Nope, no good critters in ID, just move along... I hear MT and WY are good, everyone should go there!

Lol,OK.I guess your right all the darn wolves ate everything.He was definitely lucky to find the states last buck

Thanks all! Far more responses than I anticipated. I wish I had more valuable info to share with people, best additional advice I can provide is stay positive. I can't believe how many times I was sure there was no deer or elk, or I was sure I wouldn't see anything. Then when mentally I was beat, I wild blow a chance at something. So my advice is no matter how painful and stressed things are, stay alert and focused. Prime example being so sure there weren't any elk on the mountain the morning I shot this deer, I got up and left. 30 min later my brother was still hunting and shot at a bull that was standing right where I had been sitting. I was waiting on the mountain for him to come down and 100% sure I wasn't going to shoot anything on our last day. I didn't even make an attempt to keep my scope clean or watch for deer. Of course this deer came sneaking by and my buddy spotted it first and luckily could barely see enough through my scope to shoot it. After 6-12 miles a day and not seeing critters I was mentally shot. So learn from my mistakes. Stay on your game and expect the unexpected.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTOG
Back