Idaho Elk Supertag! Where do I start?

I'd focus on 40 or 54. A guy 2 years ago on MM that had that tag said he spread himself too thin because there was too many options, but he had an awesome adventurous season and took a nice bull in 54 I think it was.

If you are really that clueless on where to start, look at the top 5 toughest to draw elk hunts in the state from the F&G odds. Start there with the rut rifle hunts.

I would put my effort into learning 40, I have a source that says the state record is down there, my wife's cousin had a 40 tag and shot a 6x7 350" bull last year, and her cousin is a girl.... Good luck, I may be able too point you in a direction...
Matt

I would say unit 46 it has multiple 350"+ bulls.... I know a guy who shot bulls back to back and one went 364 1/8" and 346 7/8" .... also had another friend shoot first bulls he has seen out there one went 341" and the other was 351 3/8"....... that's why I put in out there.... almost all units hold big bulls you just have to work for them.... congrats on tag and good luck.....

Like I said 46 and 54 have the highest concentration of big bulls in my op ion so go with what you fill... but you won't got wrong in 46 never been in unit 40 so I can't help you there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back