Idaho draw

I'm pretty confident that I will draw controlled hunts for archery elk and archery deer. But, one's confidence is often mask for ignorance and foolishness.

Depending upon what I draw for NV, CO, and UT, I might not even apply for Idaho this year and save the $155 NR hunting license cost.

Right now, things are looking pretty good for us, so no use in having more tags than we can film. Well, I guess there is some use in have too many tags, in that I could leave the cameras behind and just hunt for the love of hunting.

I really want to draw a decent (20% odds) elk hunt or a primo deer hunt in the rut. Then start putting in for goats every year.

So this year will be 32 bears, 39 lopes, and prefer not to post my deer or elk choices.

Went down to F&G yesterday and got set up for the draw. Put in for low odds elk and deer in excellent units, with plan to put the effort into archery season if unable to draw. Hope to score on the extra tags as well!

Plan to put my 16 year old daughter in for a cow hunt in a great area during the rut that has a pretty good chance of drawing. She is the only one in the family without an elk yet, and it would be awesome to get out and chase elk with her carrying a rifle during the rut.

My plans personally are all archery 54 for elk yeah good luck 40-2 for antelope and 39-2 for deer

I'm planning on following elkmagnet around in case his elk has a brother hanging with him.

Just follow the big Dodge 2500 with smoke stacks and a license plate that reads "GRVDGR" and you will know where magnets honey holes are.

JD_s_Dodge_001.jpg

Its a 3500 bub!

Hoping my pops draws a bullwinkle tag. If he does I'm chasing elk with my bow out east while searching for moose.

If he doesn't draw I'll donate a few bucks to conservation with my apps and have a great time hunting OTC most likely.

My donation is going to go towards a good deer unit, with the odds of hunting OTC like usual. X tag for deer also. Antelope in a new area, with archery as a backup.

Kid in for youth hunts and a cow tag, while the wife is putting in for deer, elk and x tag in a variety of units.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriel Knight
Back