Idaho dove season extended

Elkchaser12

Hmm interesting move here by fish and game we now can hunt doves sept 1- oct 30 might have a little duck and dove action at the same time this year, what is everybody else's thoughts on this?

Yeah me too but I also have another problem fish and game just shut down my only hunting spot for doves which was about 5 minutes away from my house so that's another problem don't know where to go now....

I also had a go to spot...a subdivision that went bankrupt back in 2007 that was less then 10 mins away, I've been hunting doves, pheasants, and quail on it...I went by there a month ago and there is a house on it...bummer. So I'll be using the onXmaps to find some ares to hunt...and asking for permission.

I think the doves can handle the pressure, there sure seems to be a lot of them around all year round, I think they are forgetting they are supposed to migrate.. I'm thinking of setting up for some Eurasian action before the Mourning Dove season starts.

It snowed in the foot hills and higher here last night. We are lucky to still have doves for the Sept 1 opener in Montana. The season should start earlier here, but...........

The doves sure seem to migrate out with that first cold morning. Hopefully we get a few good shoots in before they leave, although the colder weather is always a bonus during archery season.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back