Idaho and Montana safari...

1_pointer

As I alluded in the post about my first mule deer, BOY and I went to Idaho and Montana with a pocketfull of tags and two weeks to fill them. First we started in central Idaho where we each bagged muley bucks!

Boy with the buck that 'tricked' him.
Picture115.jpg

I had to post another picture of my buck. :grin:
Picture101.jpg

BOY had drawn a pronghorn tag in MT, so we headed just over the border...
DSC03265.jpg

Then we headed back to Idaho for the opener of elk season. We were into bigger elk, but just couldn't close the deal, but did find a tasty one to bring home.
Picture220.jpg

While hunting in Idaho, BOY noticed something unusual about 500yds below him in the grass. He slipped down for a closer look and couldn't believe his eyes!! Bailed off the backside of the ridge and snuck to within 150yds and it didn't even know what hit him. Definitely the best trophy of the trip!
Picture058.jpg

About 20yds away from the dead kitty, he found it's most recent kill, a 3pt buck from presumably the night before.
Picture039.jpg

Oh, we managed to fit in a bit of bird hunting as well!
Picture245.jpg

Picture021.jpg

All in all, it was a great way to spend 2 weeks (most all the animals were killed in 9 days) to put 1600miles on the truck! Now, I just need to convince the wife to let me do it next year!

Tyler, That is really cool, I am happy for you, That trip their probally made your day for the rest of your life.
this year you been hunting really hard and thats good. I remember when you first moved to utah from back east then after 2 years you werent to sure you would have time to hunt...... WOW incredible you have come a long way.
I am happy that everything is working out for you so well.....
Tell the mail order bride we said hi.. ;)

Delw

What are you doing with the kitty. Did you save it to do a mount? Awesome pics thanks for sharing.

Cool pics! Great story. Sounds like you had quite an adventure!

Oak

Fug me boys you did really good.

Thanks for killing that deer eating SOB....you know they only kill the sick, weak and old, right? Ha Ha.

Congrats on a great trip. Everything was in Idaho except the speed goat?

(If this posts 2 or 3 times I apologize, computer is being weird)

Fug me boys you did really good.

Thanks for killing that deer eating SOB....you know they only kill the sick, weak and old, right? Ha Ha.

Congrats on a great trip. Everything was in Idaho except the speed goat?

Awesome pics, congrats on the "safari". I love the country your buck came out of. Did you guys salvage the antlers off the cougar kill?

Everything was in Idaho except the speed goat?
That's correct.

They cat is being tanned and the skull bleached as BOY shot a much bigger cat 4 years ago that his bird dog pointed while chasing chukars!!

It was a great two weeks and something I'm hoping to attempt every year...that my wife will let me! ;) :D

Ithaca- I couldn't do that, I haven't shot a sheep yet!

Back