ID bear season change

fairchase

Did any of you Idaho guys hear the commission changed the bait rules?
Apparently, during the setting of the big game seasons this week, they decided to allow bear hunters to put out bait 7 days before the season opens.
Only thing is, when I called to verify this change and find out when it goes into effect. I was told to call back monday for those details.
Anyway, mabey we'll get a jump start and get started early this year.

Greg

deer hunting later... bear hunting earlier ... WTF ? :D

Haven't heard. I'll make a phone call.......

Ok, here what Brad Compton at F&G told me. The baiting change will not start until fall and is only going to effect only the wilderness units. So, until then baiting still starts on opening day, statewide. Oh well, It was worth a try. :rolleyes:

Greg

YAh.. forgot to say that the bear season is a Fall-spring season so this spring nothing wouldahve changed anyways.. didn't know it was jsut the Wilderness though. thanx for he heads up. You tell Brad I sad HI ? :D

Welcome B-Killin.
Give us some idea of your plans, and maybe somebody could help you out.

Greg

Well, Last fall I saw two Bears. One while Chuckar hunting and one on the Deer hunt. What would my best chance to get a Bear this spring without baiting? I live here in Boise and would hunting withing 100 miles or so.

Well, Last fall I saw two Bears. One while Chuckar hunting and one on the Deer hunt. What would my best chance to get a Bear this spring without baiting? I live here in Boise and would hunting withing 100 miles or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back