“I will take every dime…” NE LB1413

Just because they have the money to drop 25 million on a habitat initiative, doesn't mean the legislature will let them. Just because the legislature might approve that habitat initiative, doesn't mean they will also approve the FTEs needed to deliver that iniaitive on the ground. This is how some of the political games get played.
This^^^ Nebraska game and parks has actually been directed not to pursue new properties by our legislature. It “looks bad” to compete with ag.

I didn’t mean to post any more on the topic as I am just re-hashing my opinion and not bringing new facts but just heard this tidbit posted in another forum about the Colorado CPW meeting from one of the Commissioners apparently on their opposition to raising preference point fees further. Found it timely vis a vis my earlier posts.

4:20:20, Commissioner said she doesn't support increasing point fee, "(CPW) already has an excess of funds."

I actually got a reply from the Speaker who was directed by the governor to introduce the bill. I cant copy/paste but he told me that he's undecided on the bill. He also explained that during the public hearing that there were some legal issues that would cause problems separating that money from G&F. He feels the committee would suggest removing those items from the bill due to the loss of potential federal money.

That was nice to get a reply, and a sincere one at that. Honestly thought I was howling at the moon.

I’ve sent dozens of personalized emails to IA legislators this session. On two occasions I suggested amendments to remove or modify troublesome or vague language to bills, the legislators responded back that they had heard similar comments from others and were working on it, and then later the bills were amended.

My takeaway is that sometimes instead of “this bill is crap”, pointing out a specific problem w/ a bill might be more tenable. Ex. w/ the NE (now dead) bill, “If NG&P license dollars are diverted to the general fund, NE risks losing $xxM in federal PR grant money, per the provisions of the PR Act. Consider removing language from the bill to transfer funds from XYZ state funds that receive PR dollars.”

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back