I vote no on more Montan precip

That is a bad deal. So many are impacted by this.

I concur with your vote.

Bad news is:

Gallatin Snow Pack - 229% of average
Madison Snow Pack - 204% of average
Upper Missouri Snow Pack - 199% of average

When it gets warm and that starts to melt, things are going to get even worse.

I feel for all that are impacted,my home was flooded in 2009 it sucked bad I had no electricity for a month,no hot water for 2 months and had water in my basement from june till august.

It has been quite the spring/winter... for sure. Looks like we might be in for some nice weather for at least 5 days... but if you look at the temps for 8000 and above, not much of the snow is going to leave just yet!! Amazing.

Lots of new snow up high all over the state. Weatherman says highs in the 60's and 70's this week.

Get ready for another round folks.

Here in Colorado it may get ugly as well. The South Platte River is full and later this week we are suppose to be in the 90's. With all the snow pack in the mountains I don't know where this run off is going to go. I really feel bad for the people along the Missouri River it's going to get bad for them.

Flooding from our last rain

picture.php

My friends in Montana and Wyoming - I feel for you. Just spent the weekend in Yellowstone and had to leave early Sunday or we would have been snowed in - all entrances were closed except the North and it closed shortly after we made it through. The snow pack there was amazing and the rain/ice that we drove through on our way to Bozeman was no fun at all. When all of that melts and start to flow - just hope you folks can tread water for a long time because it is going to get ugly. I wish you all the very best and good luck.

Here's the snow RJH had to leave behind. Started "summer" field work today in the West Yellowstone area...took a few photos.
First pic was taken on Hebgen Reservoir looking east into YNP. Note the mudflats on the shoreline....all water coming in is being let out. I guess the 210% of average snowpack has the dam operators (all along the system) a little on alert.
To the photo left drains the Gallatin, the right-the Madison, other side of the mountain- the Yellowstone.
Second pic is Bighorn Trailhead and Bighorn Mtn, taken from HWY 191. Look like the start of summer?
Welcome to June in SW Montana.......
BTW, with all due respect to those affected, I think the snowpack and water situation is pretty darn spectacular.

Attachments

• IMG_0430.JPG
    IMG_0430.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_0424.JPG
    IMG_0424.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 207
My friends in Montana and Wyoming - I feel for you. Just spent the weekend in Yellowstone and had to leave early Sunday or we would have been snowed in - all entrances were closed except the North and it closed shortly after we made it through. The snow pack there was amazing and the rain/ice that we drove through on our way to Bozeman was no fun at all. When all of that melts and start to flow - just hope you folks can tread water for a long time because it is going to get ugly. I wish you all the very best and good luck.

We were there all weekend and never had problems going in and out of West Yellowstone or Gardiner?

When we arrived early saturday morning we were told east & west was closed and Old Faithful road past yellowstone lake were closed until 11:00am - On Sunday morning during the snow storm was pretty much told the same thing and had to take a out of the way trip to get to the north gate. It was still an enjoyable trip and my wife was finally able to see a couple of bears in the wild.

Today is what,June 4 ?
It's raining right now, in June ?
It never rains in June, not in central California.
I've been trying for weeks to take my kid up to the high country for some trout fishing, but it's still snowed in. Most years, it opens up in April, maybe early May. They are getting snow TODAY above 6,000. this is crazy.
I shouldn't complain. Most years the temperature by now is hitting 100 %. Lately, afternoons have been mid 70s.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back