I guess the NRA has nothing better to do..

And it’s happening with the Eco-Left too. Time for sportsman to rally towards the reasonable middle. Even if the far left or far right may appear to support an important concern of ours (public lands, legal hunting or gun availability) in the end they don’t care about us and at the extremes their end goal has no place for us.

This is very true. We as hunters are a very small percentage of the population. Even here on this public land hunting forum there are many extreme pro NRA opinions but they don't care about us.

And it’s happening with the Eco-Left too. Time for sportsman to rally towards the reasonable middle. Even if the far left or far right may appear to support an important concern of ours (public lands, legal hunting or gun availability) in the end they don’t care about us and at the extremes their end goal has no place for us.

Amen.

As an Iowa resident, I trust the DNR more than I do the NRA or the IGO to make sound wildlife management decisions. I’m still a NRA member, but I’m starting to have trust issues with them.

The NRA doesn't give a crap about hunting, hunters or the PLT issue. It's all about being a shill for the gun lobby and selling more guns and not the kind used for actual hunting.
I guess the NRA thinks everyone needs to have this kind of firepower to go deer hunting. If you need more than 6 rounds just stay home.

View attachment 82699
Really? I'm not pro NRA but Jesus man. mtmuley

Or,
[video=youtube_share;W_wrDo6G7wg]https://youtu.be/W_wrDo6G7wg[/video]

Here, Randy discusses with NRATV Cam about access and the restrictions of public land...

Last edited:
Ohio has had a 3 shell limit for deer and turkey as long as I can remember. It has had absolutely zero affect on me harvesting game. If I needed more than three shells, it was probably because I was being a bonehead and made poor decisions with the initial shot. Not arguing for or against, just stating my own personal experience.

Ha!

But no.

It's the state's responsibility to manage hunting. Magazine capacity as a hunting regulation has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment. Regulations work, otherwise we're telling ourselves that the entire history of governance is a lie and that regulations had nothing to do with the restoration of America's wildlife after we simply killed everything off w/o regulation or thought towards the future.
You are at your best when you put words in other folks mouths (posts). Carry on...

Re post #47 and the link. Seems that I recognized a fair amount of that footage from OYOA (On Your Own Adventures) and perhaps early Fresh Tracks shows.

The WIHA sign is for sure a Kansas sign.

I guess I should be thankful that the NRA produced the video talking about 2014 dollars and issues. I noticed that the NRA didn't mention any money they themselves ponied up.

The NRA doesn't give a crap about hunting, hunters or the PLT issue. It's all about being a shill for the gun lobby and selling more guns and not the kind used for actual hunting.
I guess the NRA thinks everyone needs to have this kind of firepower to go deer hunting. If you need more than 6 rounds just stay home.

View attachment 82699

I bet your pistol has more than six rounds when you take a walk, and that's just a dog...

Carry on.

100% agree. Never really understood why we have to be in two different tribes... I personally have never felt like i belong on either side, but more of in the middle. Maybe I just enjoy thinking for myself?

I welcome input from NRA, SCI, etc in the game law process, even if I don't agree with everything they say. I live in Idaho and went through the whole wolf thing...and now, starting yesterday, the grizzly bear tag issue. God knows every anti hunting enviro group will chime in...it is nice to have groups chime in that I a support.

Here's a funny thing about Indiana: some calibers, you are restricted to 10 rounds in possession while deer hunting. But some counties have a bag limit of more than 10 deer.

Granted, nobody's probably going to fill all those tags in an entire season, let alone in a single hunt, but silly nonetheless I think.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skywagon
Back