I-80 is about to become really familiar!

Missouri Ben

Hey everyone I just graduated college in St. Louis and got my first big boy job. I was moved up to Chicago to work on an amazing project and I can't wait to take I-80 out west for my first Colorado public land elk hunt this fall! I grew up whitetail hunting in winery country in Missouri and just love to be outdoors.

Ways I spent my first paycheck:
1. Year membership NRA
2. Year membership RMEF
3. food

Welcome! I have a friend (also named Ben) from Missouri that moved to Colorado last year for work and got his first bull with a bow. He is coming to Montana in September and back to Colorado as well. Good luck!

Guys named Ben are usually the best looking and best hunters on this board. Welcome!

Welcome and great way to spend your paycheck!!! I'd say the sport has a great new gainfully employed asset. Good luck this fall!

Welcome! If it were me, I'd take my next couple of paychecks and buy a lifetime membership to BHA and get the Kimber rifle that comes with it.

I'm also from Missouri currently working in the purgatory of Chicago and primarily hunting out west (I basically don't hunt Illinois anymore, its not worth it). Chicago is good for careers and bad for hunting, you are at least going the right route with out of state hunts right off the bat. I average 100+ hours a year driving for what turns out to be about 20 days afield.

If you haven't surrendered your Missouri drivers license yet, buy the Missouri lifetime hunting permit now for $400.

If you live in the city proper checkout the Lincoln Park archery club and if you want a good shooting range either drive to McMiller in WI or join Aurora Sportsmen's Club.

A road I know well. I'll may be out it a head of you. If your going later in Sept and you see a guy in a tree stand not long after you cross the Mississippi honk.

I'm also right off I-80, about 10 hours east of you. Nothing beats leaving your house, making two turns, and seeing your GPS say "drive 1400 miles west on I-80".

Welcome. Everyone that takes I-80 goes right by my house. I live on the north side of the interstate, seven miles east of North Platte, Nebraska.

I too take I-80 West plus I travel it several times a fall to my brothers house in Des Moines and enjoy seeing pickups with wheelers and travel trailers with antler tines sticking above the tailgate heading back East! I find myself lost in the monotony of the drive thinking about what crazy adventure they have been on!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerezA
Back