Hunting with a Disability

A real inspiration to those of us who sometimes think we got it tough. Great story and pics and good luck to her in all of her future endeavors in and out of the field. I'm sure she will shine

I think most of us could learn a thing or two from Shelby's story. Thanks for sharing it with us. Quite an impressive girl you're raising there.

Ah man that just made me teary eyed! That was the best read in a while. I hope you stick around and share a lot more stories.

Man that's really something special.
Thanks for taking the time to share her story and do keep us updated on how her hunts go in the future.
Sounds like you're quite the dad and deserve an amazing daughter like that.

bet your a proud dad......congrats to ur family for over coming obsticles and shelby on her success

If I could hear a story like that every now and then, I think I could give up my Zoloft. Give her a hug for me. I'll be thinking about you and your family all day. Congratulations.

Now that is determination!!!! Way to go Shelby and A.K. for overcoming such difficulty. It goes to show a good attitude can overcome incredible odds.

A hunt like this would make for a great episode. It would make other people with disabilities realize they don't need a professional guide or catered hunt that involves be driving to an elevated blind over corn for them to get out and enjoy the woods (or flat open prairie in your case). That may be exactly the kind of hunt someone who has trouble getting around wants, but I think it robs them of a much richer experience in the field. Congrats again.

That picture of her sitting in the backpack on your shoulders is perhaps one one of the most amazing illustrations of a father's love for his daughter.

Amazing!

That is by far the best hunting story I've ever heard. It really makes me want to hunt harder and that I better not complain in any situation I can put myself in. Shelby is a beautiful girl and truly an inspiration to us all.

Thanks for sharing. You are a great father.

Thanks for sharing the story Antler King. Shelby (and your family) are truely an inspiration.

that just goes to show you all it takes is heart your little girl was born with a big heart and you her parents have filled it with love and hope and you've challenged her and she is so lucky to have yall as parents and will be so much better for it whens shes older we just had our first a son on oct 1 this year and i hope we can be as good as yall

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back