Hunting computer - tablet

pointingdogsrule

I do not have a laptop, however, I was looking at purchasing one for hunting trips. More specifically trips that are near towns, not backpack trips.

As I get old the eyes go bad and I need a bigger screen, as compared to my Oregon GPS. I would mainly use the laptop for keeping up on emails, other topics & for my "HuntingGPSmaps" chip. I realize they do not have a GPS, however, I could study the maps when in the area.

Just wondering if anyone has a laptop (preferably a smaller version) or a "Tablet". I am not to familiar in what the difference is, however, I am told that they are different. I would like to keep the cost in the $300.00 range.

Thanks in advance.
the dog

PS: NO wireless internet is needed.

If your map software will real-time navigate, you'll likely be able to connect your Oregon via USB cable and navigate the map. Or, there are puck antennae available to do the same thing. Running maps is generally a large memory user. I'm not sure how much of a memory hog what you're planning on running is, but if it's like all the mapping stuff I've run, you'll be largely disappointed with a $300 laptop because of a lack of RAM. Some iPads have a GPSr to navigate on their own but I don't know how much they cost.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back