Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Hunter (Genesis` son) Strikes Again

genesis273

I hope you guys don`t get too tired of me posting my kids deer kills this year. They love seeing them with their deer on this site.

Hunter got his biggest buck this morning. He killed it out of the same stand that he shot the doe and button head last week (Mother-Son Tag Team post).

Today was the first day of gun season in NC. We hunt next to a thicket out of a buddy ladder stand with netting around it. You can only see about 45-50 yards out of this stand. This morning was way too hot for the deer to be moving. After about an hour of no action I tried grunting to see if anything would happen. This buck came out of the thicket from behind us and he was looking to see where the buck was that was grunting. Hunter did not move because the buck was only 35-40 yards and looking in our direction. I grunted again and he moved up closer to try to find the buck making the noise. Still behind some brush, Hunter still didn`t move, although I thought Hunter was going to hyperventilate. :D Finally, the buck move again after I grunted once more and went behind some trees giving Hunter a chance to get his gun (25-06 Ruger M77) ready. One more grunt pulled him into an opening giving Hunter a clean shot. After the shot he only ran about 100 yards before pilling up in the thicket.
That was one of the most exciting and fun hunts that I`ve been on in a while! I have killed a little bigger bucks but they were nothing like this hunt.
My family has been blessed this year. Between my daughter, son, and me we have killed 7 deer this year! My kids have killed 5 of them.

S4200277.jpg

Last edited:
Back