HUNT WARZ - bad idea or terrible idea?

COEngineer

Saw an ad looking for new competitors on FB: HUNT WARZ FB ad

I have not watched any of their current episodes on YT, but it just sounds like a terrible idea. People always push the boundaries of ethics when there is a reward for 'winning.'

They have some big name sponsors: Leupold, BRCC, OnX, Phelps Calls (a MeatEater brand) to name a few, which adds some amount of legitimacy...maybe. Or maybe those companies got sucked into something without thinking it through.

I'm looking for some feedback here. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
I'll post the same quote here that came to mind when I saw an ad for a turkey hunting competition here in NC as I think its way too applicable.

"Although an ardent turkey hunter, I have too much respect for this glorious bird to see it killed in any but an honorable way. The turkey's fate is hard enough as it is. The work of destruction goes on from year to year..." - McIlhenny (Jordan)

Several years ago I happened to be doing research in Kenora during the Lake of the Woods bass tournament. For a break I walked down to the marina to see what was going on. Ugh! That is NOT my kinda crowd! Talk about plastic! Glorifying being a game hog. The outdoors sports are commercialized enough without this kind of crap. It is sickening.

I hadn't seen this previously. I think the branding is really bad. I just skimmed a video, and the content was actually not as bad as I was expecting (though it went really heavy on self-promo and sponsor promo). They could have really messed this up with how they score, I'm glad that yardage is a deduction.

Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 9.25.45 AM.png

Very uncomfortable with the whole show premise. Could have been worse I guess?

I think this is the organization that uses the pronunciation of “Lee-a-pull” when speaking glowingly of their sponsor for optics. I sent an email to them telling them that they were mispronouncing the optics companies name, but maybe the folks in Beaverton Oregon would prefer to distance themselves from such activity?

To their credit, they did reply within 24 hours, thanking me for the information.

I hadn't seen this previously. I think the branding is really bad. I just skimmed a video, and the content was actually not as bad as I was expecting (though it went really heavy on self-promo and sponsor promo). They could have really messed this up with how they score, I'm glad that yardage is a deduction.

View attachment 205710

Very uncomfortable with the whole show premise. Could have been worse I guess?

A number of states have banned hunting contests.

There is a New Mexico episode, New Mexico has banned coyote hunting contests specifically. I'm not equating the too, nor suggesting that anyone is breaking the law.

Yet...

"Oh yeah did you see that elk hunting contest Leupold is sponsoring"

Last edited by a moderator:
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back