Yeti GOBOX Collection

Hunt Talkers get INSIDER look for Colorado

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
The folks at goHUNT.com asked if I thought Hunt Talkers would be interested in a free look at the INSIDER segment discussing Colorado elk and antelope application strategies. I figured you might like to see one of the many articles they provide on application strategies for all the covered states, for all the covered species. This article is for Colorado elk and antelope.

Here is the link - http://bit.ly/1RipTmX

CO GoHUNT.jpg

If you decide to sign up, make sure you use the Hunt Talk promo code to get a free Gerber Vital knife.

Hunt Talk is the only website that is getting this inside look to the INSIDER application strategy article for CO elk and antelope. This same level of application detail is available for the other states and other species.

Enjoy!

I read them for every state as they come out.I think its good imfo for someone like me from 2000+ miles away.I'll be getting it again next year.They post a lot of real good articles as well so you get benefits of a magazine as well.The draw odds and unit/species breakdowns is EXCELLENT

Hunt Codes

Randy,

Here's my question. I'm having a little difficulty correlating the hunt units on INSIDER with the appropriate hunt codes for Colorado.

Any suggestions?
:confused:

The units as explained by goHUNT are pretty self explanatory. Look at the map in the regs on Page 65. Those are the units goHUNT is discussing.

As for the hunt codes in the regs, those almost always have the hunt unit in the code. They usually start with the species letter D for deer, E for elk, etc. Then it will be E for either sex, M for male, and F for female. Then, it will usually have O1, O2, O3, or O4 for the seasons of 1st through 4th. Last will usually be the weapon type, A, M, R for archery, muzzy, or rifle.

Some hunt codes have combined multiple units and the hunt code only has one of the unit numbers listed.

Hope that helps.

OK. I think I got it figured out now. I just put in for rifle and archery in Southern Colorado. Best case, I get drawn, worst case, I get some points.

BTW, I didn't see anywhere on the site where you buy your 'license'. Does that come with the tags if you're drawn?

The units as explained by goHUNT are pretty self explanatory. Look at the map in the regs on Page 65. Those are the units goHUNT is discussing.

As for the hunt codes in the regs, those almost always have the hunt unit in the code. They usually start with the species letter D for deer, E for elk, etc. Then it will be E for either sex, M for male, and F for female. Then, it will usually have O1, O2, O3, or O4 for the seasons of 1st through 4th. Last will usually be the weapon type, A, M, R for archery, muzzy, or rifle.

Some hunt codes have combined multiple units and the hunt code only has one of the unit numbers listed.

Hope that helps.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that the license is considered the tag in CO.

Last edited:
My feedback as a GoHunter is the strategy articles are first appearing within a few days of deadlines. Probably will be easier during the 2nd year of doing these so will be available sooner so can study a bit more before having to make final choices. Am impressed with the articles.

BTW, I didn't see anywhere on the site where you buy your 'license'. Does that come with the tags if you're drawn?

Unlike some other states you don't buy a separate base "hunting license" in CO. You will just pay for your license/tag(s) for each species, plus one Habitat stamp. The license+tag is one document; you detach the tag if/when you shoot something. If you want to hunt small game you will need to buy a small game license.

That's what I thought

JRAB,

Thank you. I thought that might be the case. I don't recall selecting a "Habitat Stamp" when I purchased for the draw. Is that a default add on? Or do you have to select that before checkout?:confused:

Unlike some other states you don't buy a separate base "hunting license" in CO. You will just pay for your license/tag(s) for each species, plus one Habitat stamp. The license+tag is one document; you detach the tag if/when you shoot something. If you want to hunt small game you will need to buy a small game license.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back