Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Hunt Talker 2023 Fitness Goals

I’ve failed myself and every single one of you the past two weeks.
No excuses.
7/24-7/30 run-10.76 ride-79.12
7/31-8-6 run-18.98 ride-49.59

When I was in high school, I used to be able to run a mile in 6 or so minutes. My best mile time was 5:45. Today, I clocked my treadmill at 15:59...... Big yikes.

When I was in high school, I used to be able to run a mile in 6 or so minutes. My best mile time was 5:45. Today, I clocked my treadmill at 15:59...... Big yikes.

Ya you need to cut that mile by 8 min. But don’t be discouraged, just follow today up with a run tomorrow and just keep at it
tmp.gif

Took a two mile walk with my wife after dinner, threw the pack on (50lbs or so).

It kind of sucked. I’m not a big ruck guy, but I probably should get a few more of those under my belt.
I've been rucking with 40lbs once a week and I think it's really improving my mountain fitness (along with running/rock climbing).

A friend recommended rucking uphill with water and dumping it at the top/going downhill to save knees. Soreness has been minimal I think because of this!

I've been rucking with 40lbs once a week and I think it's really improving my mountain fitness (along with running/rock climbing).

A friend recommended rucking uphill with water and dumping it at the top/going downhill to save knees. Soreness has been minimal I think because of this!
I personally like to make sure I do downhill training. Nothing tears you up like taking a heavy load down a steep descent.

I did my weekly weigh-in. Had a good week of eating and drinking water, did 3 workouts that week. What did I lose? 0.1 lbs.

Celebrate the little victories, right?

A trainer named Zach Pello put this on his social media the other day, and it is a worthwhile visualization of weight loss. You could weigh in more than you did the week before, and still be heading the right direction.

1691767323894.png

Took a two mile walk with my wife after dinner, threw the pack on (50lbs or so).

It kind of sucked. I’m not a big ruck guy, but I probably should get a few more of those under my belt.
So i've been doing it around our neighborhood lately and Ive found the greatest benefit to just be getting those small connector muscles, etc used to carrying a pack. my legs aren't going to gain as much from rucking as those small muscle groups in my back, hips, butt.

A trainer named Zach Pello put this on his social media the other day, and it is a worthwhile visualization of weight loss. You could weigh in more than you did the week before, and still be heading the right direction.

View attachment 287560
Two years ago when I was at the height of my ultra running, I tracked my weight daily - mostly to deal with water issues - and I wish I had seen this chart then. Because the spikes on my weight chart were intense, but the trend line was definitely going down. That can really get in people's head and derail them

My chiro says he wants me doing more yoga and stretching on a weekly basis. I put that question out to my friends and all the responses I got were from women and their recommended YouTube or free apps were all pretty intense. So going the opposite route and asking a bunch of dudes if anyone here does yoga or has a full body stretching routine and if so... point me in the right direction.

So going the opposite route and asking a bunch of dudes if anyone here does yoga or has a full body stretching routine and if so... point me in the right direction.

I used to work with a bunch of spine surgeons- it seemed that a lot of them agreed that one of the better remedies for most people’s back pain was posterior chain stretching.

Straight leg toe touches while keeping your chin tucked to your chest (you can feel it in the back of your neck) is an easy and effective one.

boy i've been doing poorly the last couple of weeks.

have had stiches in my back that just came out (reminder for everyone to get skin checks every year) and that has really prevented any hard working out or extensive sweating. just had to take it easy cause i want them to heal for some upcoming mountain trips above all else.

it's amazing how many movements put tension on your back and that has slowed down proper healing.

with september around the corner it's crunch time for making sure the bow is dialed in. i'm devoting basically all my available work out time to getting that stupid thing prepared for shooting an elk i'm never gonna have a shot at. gawd bowhunting is the most annoying stupid thing i've ever started to involve myself in. can't wait to never do it again.

I did my weekly weigh-in. Had a good week of eating and drinking water, did 3 workouts that week. What did I lose? 0.1 lbs.

Celebrate the little victories, right?

That # on the scale is just a snap shot of the overall number, it doesn’t show much if what’s actually going on.

You could have lost 5.0 pds of fat, but gained 4.9 pds of muscle… or you just really need to take a good poop and you lost another pd…

Don’t get to caught up on what the scale says.

Back