Hunt Swap for RMEF event.

reebok

Looking for advice on a place to swap a 3 day, 2 person pheasant hunt (all inclusive, license, lodging, etc.) for an elk hunt, cougar hunt, or bear hunt.

I am in South Dakota and have great pheasant hunting.... Elk, bear, or cougar hunts go well at our RMEF banquets... RMEF chapters that don't have good pheasant hunting in their state might do well with one... What do hunttalker's think?

Looking forward to hearing your responses....

Reebok

Reebok,

The organization I'm involved with get's a lot of our hunt donations by making contacts at the annual Alberta Professional Outfitters Society (APOS) meetings. The problem with bear and cat hunts being donated in this area is the guy's that donate to get the business rolling usually don't stay in business long, and sometimes the buyer gets stiffed. The problem with elk hunts at least in Montana is getting the tag. A South Dakota bird hunt would probably do OK here, but I can't think of how to come up with a realistic trade. You start doing personal trade hunts by non proffesionals who don't have the licensing, insurance, ect... and it could turn into a bad deal. JMO

I'm on a committee for the RMEF here in Colorado. I know here the elk hunts go for much more then the pheasant hunts. But then again most of our hunts are for 1 or 1/2 day hunts.. Also for us sometimes the Outfitter doesn't want us to trade the hunt.

Reebok (or anyone else interested):

P.M. me with some more details --- any interest in a combo otc archery deer hunt combined with a draw archery javelina hunt (in Arizona) for January 2007? I'm in charge of procurring auction hunts for my RMEF chapter's banquet (the end of February 2006); FYI, we've swapped hunts before ...

Lv2hnt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back