Yeti GOBOX Collection

How'd you meet your wife/hubby ?

I started going to school (Soph. high school) early to meet and talk with some friends. One of my friends got this hankering for a senior girl that was there pretty regularly. Later that year on a science club field trip to the big city of Chicago, that same girl got hit on by a stranger. I stepped up and told her I'd protect her back to the bus.
wink.gif
The trip was behind schedule so we didn't get to go to the top of the John Hancock building for the view, so I promised that girl I'd bring her back. About two weeks later at a girl's varsity basketball game I told her my parents wouldn't allow me to drive to Chicago, so I offered to take her to a movie as a consellation prize. Two weeks went by with a few conversations at school, but I was sniffing after some other ladies at the time. I scored some tickets to a concert and asked her. We had a good time, so I asked her to "go with me" a couple weeks later when I took her to a boys basketball game. About 7.5 years later we got married...

Or that...

The other story is what we are telling our kids, if we are lucky enough to have one or two (at most!).

Hummm......I met my first wife ( Connie ) at Redondo Beach beach California way back in 1964.

I met my number 2 wife ( Sheila )at a softball came in Hawthorne Calif 1973.

Met my number 3 wife ( Cindy ) in a night club also in Hawthorne California 1986.

Met the wife I have now ( Charlene ) on the INTERNET???? Yes on the internet lol.
biggrin.gif

i met mine in a bar. she was a bartender, i was a drunk. now shes a full time mom and i never get to drink.

I met Michael at work. It was the 2-10 shift and we both worked that night. Anyways it was time to go and we were leaving and he asked me if I wanted a pop I said sure, I thought he had one in his truck, but he didn't so we went to the store and he bought me a pop. We sat at the store for about an hour talking. That is how I met the love of my life
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
hump.gif

I took an outdoor survival class in college. On the "practical experience" campout, I mentioned to a female classmate that I had just broken up with a guy I had dated for two years. She told me "I've got to set you up with my friend, you would be perfect together", which she would know since we had met all of a couple hours earlier.
rolleyes.gif

I figured what the heck?....

About 2 1/2 months later we eloped to Vegas. That was almost 10 years ago.

The funny thing was, this girl told me later that she was actually after my soon-to-be hubby. She actually assumed we would be such completely opposite personalities that he would realize how good she was for him. Brilliant plan!

Wife Number One was a buddy's girlfriend. They broke up, I moved in. Shouldn't have.

Wife Number Two was a blind date I set up for myself over the phone with a customer. Told her about a party, and she somehow talked me into taking her to it. Friends that had seen her told me to go ahead. Shouldn't have. Lived in Hell for 13 out of 16 years.

Wife Number Three was a friend of the bartender (female) at the club I hung out in after second divorce. The bartender, after watching me for six months, decided I was good enough to meet her friend. Great move - great lady - wish I had met her first a long time ago.

Nope, 280 - I'm done. I couldn't ask for a better wife than the one I have.

Besides, I'm not even the one with the most ex's on this thread! Danny B has me beat.

I cannot understand 9 times...
eek.gif
I woulda given up.

I first met my wife,Mary,31 years ago in college. She was my best friend's girl. They broke up after about three years of dating.
During that time I had met a girl,got engaged, and got dumped(thank God). Told all my buddys fom now on I'm going to love em and leave em. (not in those words).
One nite me and friend were going to see a movie and he says he going to call her identical twin sister, Norma, to see if she wants to go along. Mary is home and would like to see that movie also. I said ok. Looks like Mary going to be #1.
Twenty eight years later and stll stuck on # 1 .
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Moved in to town in the 8th grade. Seen this good looking shy gal and ask one of the other boys about her and he said no way she want go out with no one, so I made a bet with him that I would before the end of the year and now I think that was 27 years ago. Only married for 22 years. AND LOVE IT

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>no one has mentioned a family gathering and marrying a relative.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Dang near it: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>First time I noticed Vipe was at a family picnic<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

Wife # 1 lived next door it lasted 16 yrs. Wife #2 I met at work, best part is she likes Hunting & fishing & SEX!!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 08-14-2003 18:40: Message edited by: jig maker ]</font>

Calif Hunter,

The story is this. Rockylog contacted 280 via internet.

They hooked up for suds and ewes.

They got so frickin' drunk they couldn't find any livestock.

280 gently kissed Rockylog and the rest is history.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back