Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

How to Euro Pronghorn?

Absolutely make sure you keep it away from the dog! My GSP doesn’t really care about antlers, but she ate one of the horns of my antelope this year in about 3.2 seconds. Other than that though an Antelope euro is easy!

I’m surprised that no one is simmering in H2O2. Once you’re ready to whiten, just pour a gallon of 40 volume developer into the same pot you boiled in, add water to the desired level and start heating it, wrap the antlers in shrink wrap or Seran and secure with tape, dunk in the pot and prop up keeping the antlers as clear as you can while still getting the skull submerged. Pull it out every 10 minutes to see how white it is. In 10-30 minutes you’ll have an ultra white skull. It’s not more harmful to the bone, it just uses heat to speed the process. It also cleans, sanitizes and deodorizes a lot of places you could never paint the H2O2 onto. 40 Volume is about 12%. The brown bottles are 3%. You can easily just buy 4gal of brown bottle and not mix with water. With pronghorns you don’t even have to worry about gettin it on antlers! Even with shrink wrap or Seran, you can get a little on the burrs, but it doesn’t take much effort to touch up with some wood stain, and if you wrap it good it’s very minor if at all.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back