Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

How do you stay warm?

you need the correct state of mind. if you leave in the morning KNOWING you are definatley going to be cold then for some reason it dosent seem so bad. the cheap hand warmers in the pokets and in the boots help, and ditto on the neck gaiter. they are a must.

My feet and hands are the worst. So in addition to my 1000 gr rockies and my hand muffs. This year I bought the full foot warmers from walmart, the little ones for my muffs and a large stick on on the I stick on my shirt (lower chest area). Along with my gator for neck and head, wool shirt and wool pants. I sit pretty comfortably.

No matter how cold it is, I never wear everything in with me. I put it on as time goes by, that will help you stay in the stand longer also.

That is something that I rarely have to deal with. The coldest that I hunted in this year was upper 20`s. And on that day I looked like the Michelin Man walking through the woods. I can`t take cold weather!

Staying warm

The most important layer is the one next to your skin. You have to stay away from cotton. It needs to be a synthetic fabric that wicks moisture away from your skin. Then you need dead air space, The more the better. I find synthetic fleece does a great job. It doesn't loose it's loft when it gets wet. The outer layer should be water repellent yet breathable. This is true for your feet as well as the rest of your body. Good Luck.

I've personnally never had the greatest luck even with lots of quality layering, the extra clothes get too uncomfortable. I try to either use a ground blind or some sort of raised enclosure where you can use a buddy heater like the one pictured earlier. The enclosure lets you move around a little and you can remove your boots and warm your feet with the heater if they get real cold, or leave the boots off completely until you have to move.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back