Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

How big is this bull??

Well, the rifle treated me well in Alaska, but this bull was not a rifle hunt so it still hasn't got to claim an elk yet............but very soon my friend;)

Just sharpening some broadheads today and pointing the truck toward Idaho tonight...........see if these new broadheads want to visit the ribcage of a 300+ bull:D I figured I'm on a roll for the year, no sense in stopping now:)

Being an archery nut myself I can appreciate how impressive that animal really is and the accomplishment involved, congrats again!

Im sure the rifle will have many elk to it's credit in good time, to say your "on a roll" is kind of an understatement, it's more like what careers are made of! ;) good luck in Idaho!

Well to keep everyone from hating me here, I apparently decided it would be better to just flat out miss the 7x7 I saw 15 minutes into my hunt the other day:) Drake and I hit the hills and right after daylight, had a bull going good below us........20-30 minutes later, he was almost in our lap. Unfortunately, I decided it would be a good idea to not use the $2900 rangefinder hanging aound my neck and zipped my arrow underneath him............misjudging yardage by 10 yards seems stupid but I did it:):) He was a nice 7x7. Would have been something for the hunting gods to let me shoot two 7x7's in two states in the same year. O well, I'll have to go shoot one in October......

Oink, oink. What a great and well deserved bull. I'm really happy for you.

Not sure how I missed this one - and can't believe it only has 6 pages. I must have been hunting when you posted. Too bad I broke off about 200" (or was it 300"?) on mine hauling it out. :rolleyes:

That first picture of him on the ground does not do him justice, btw. I don't know how you have the time for another hunt. I'd spend the next couple months knocking on everyone in the state's door: "Hi, I'm Matt and I wanted you to see the bull I shot..."

Dang! Dad taught us wrong! Always told us to take a steak shot over meatloaf. Just how I was raised, but I would have tried to whack him and worry later. Now that 65 is creeping up my back will leave the real STUFF to you younger guys and take freezer meat. What a brute though and do feel for you.

Holy CRAP what range finder do you have? Even the G7 is only $1500...

Also, do you want to adopt a 34 year old pain in the ass to haul your rifle and rangefinder around?

LOL.....I picked up a pair of the new Swaro 10x42 El Ranges. So really they are my binos and rangefinder;)

DOesn't matter how awesome it is if you don't use it though:):) that bull should have been dead. Just one of those that I thought I knew:)

LOL.....I picked up a pair of the new Swaro 10x42 El Ranges. So really they are my binos and rangefinder;)

DOesn't matter how awesome it is if you don't use it though:):) that bull should have been dead. Just one of those that I thought I knew:)

So, if you could just PM me your address, and I will have my lawyer send over the adoption papers.... :D I don't even mind sleeping on the couch if you don't have a bedroom for me...

So, if you could just PM me your address, and I will have my lawyer send over the adoption papers.... :D I don't even mind sleeping on the couch if you don't have a bedroom for me...

Well, all 4 of my kids sleep on the floor and couch because we are living in a small rental......They suffer so I can have 10x42 el ranges;):D

Priorities man, priorities:):)

Might have missed it somewhere. What state was the first one taken in?

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back