how big is this antelope?

Wyodeerhunter

Banned
Hey all,
Went scouting with some friends today and we saw quite a few antelope. Well we saw a nice buck so i put a stalk on him with my camera and got a few pics of him. When i got back to the truck all my friends were excited saying that that buck is a great buck and i should shoot him with my bow. I didn't think he was that big of a buck. He does carry his mass well and had good prongs but I don't think hes as big as everyone says he is. We have a bet going and the only way we could settle this was by posting it here and letting you guys decide. My friends say that the buck would score around 80. Im saying less than 80....what do you guys think? Heres a pic of him:

antelopes2002.jpg

EL

Pictures are hard to tell....

Its a pretty buck thats forsure. but I am going to guess 72 give or take 2"

Has real nice prongs and is very symetrical.

He is sure is a pretty thing......I wouldn't even care about the score.....he needs to go on someone's wall....

That's a very neat picture and a really pretty buck. Hard to be real close on only one angle, but it's a good picture so I'll take a guess. 14.75 length, short on length above the prong. Nice prong 5", 18.75 total on mass, gets a really good 1/2 mark measurement because it's pushed on top of prong. So that comes to 77".. my guess anyway. Show a front-on picture if you have one.

Thanks all for replies, I was thinking around 75". So i win the bet. :)

I'll post some more pics of different bucks soon...

Wyodeerhunter. You're out south again aren't you? Good looking buck but I'd have to agree with those who said he's around 72. I have two on the wall that are both noticeably taller and thicker and one is just over 76 and the other is 81 1/2. Antelope are so hard to judge though. Great picture by the way. Hard doing that on a lope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dtownsend
Back