How big do wolves get?

Slightly bigger than the California variety.

P1000504.jpg

Seems like its open mike night at the Comedy Club. Well played gentlemen.

How about 81 fight ready pounds for my guess.

The one I shot was a big male and he weighed in at 121, so I going with 120 to 132. Unless it was behind a dairy farm eating out of the kill pile then it might be 140 to 150.

I'd guess maybe about 135, although they are eating a little differently from the ones I'm used to.

I don't know. It's the state record for a racoon trapped in Minnesota over 50lbs? I think the record whitetail is over 400lbs. So I would naturally think high.

However trapping season and peak yearly weight for wolves doesn't line up very well at all. If you were harvesting wolves in the fall I would think the weight would be much higher than those trapped in the dead of winter with a full furred coat.

I'll just throw out 125.

109 pounds! over 2,000 wolves and the biggest was 109. My guess would have been 160ish, but boy was I wrong. Now these were depredation complaints, so they took place all year long. Even if this is a slightly smaller species, that is less than many folks think. I suppose all that fur really makes them look bigger.

Sorry about the guessing game, I thought it would be enlightening to see the range of thoughts on woof weight.

Back