Hogs with dogs

I have a question...why did they tie up the hogs while they were still alive??? I guess I don't get that part. If they were hunting them, why not kill them right away? Not trying to be a smart-ass. This is an actual question because maybe I am missing something.

I have a question...why did they tie up the hogs while they were still alive???

for the answer
see Toms OTHER thread "Sexy lady:help needed please"

My friends in Fla used to catch hogs on one property that the land owner wanted the hogs off, but wouldn't allow any "hunting". Then they would release the pigs on their ranch and allow pay-a-day hunting.

looks like fun to me... also looks like Miller on a hot date in Havre

Guppie9,

Gunner46 gave one answer to why they tie them up. To get the hog meat FDA inspected, you have to take it in alive. At a place that does that, you can sell the hogs then or auction them off. Many people here who have good hog habitat, have way to many hogs for themselves, their friends, the people in town, and they sell them.

I know a guy who gave up farming and went to hog hunts for better income and less work. When I would gun hunt that place, I might get one or two hogs, while the guys with dogs on another part of the ranch would get 4-5 hogs in half the time. If you got a hog problem, the dogs can sniff em out, pretty good, but then you have to be willing to go stab them, in the creek, in the swamp, in the thick stuff, whereever the dogs get a hold of them.

Its neat to read people's responses, no matter how ignorant, what an eye opener.

What do you guys think of those glue mouse traps?

I like the regular old mouse trap myself, when I need one, but if I had a big mouse problem, or some smart mice, I might use the glue ones also.

Oak,

Thanks for the link on the atl atl. I'm thinking of getting the Kanakadea kit, the thrower with 7 spears for only $72. I think its great! I have a cheap atl atl, but those are hunting quality ones there and that Kanakadea is better for beginners. I can see why from its design.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back