Hit the Arkansas ELk Lotto

Congratulations! All elk hunting is interesting, but these reintroduced herds that are now at huntable populations seem extra intriguing. Please, take the time to share pics and updates with us. Good luck on the hunt.

I've found out more information on the hunt zone that I am drawn for and starting to get some scouting trips planned. The zone is in The BearCat Hollow WMA. Its about 16,000 acres and is the most rugged elk area we have. Because of this it has some of the biggest bulls in the state. They have pulled some big bulls out of the zone in years past. I have been in touch with some local people that have knowledge of the area. Everyone I talked to said be ready for a physically challenging hunt. I am getting more excited everyday. I really have to get into great shape. Me and a buddy are planning on making a trip to the zone on the 4th to get our boots on the ground.

Man this is so awesome! I'm from Arkansas too and would love nothing more to be able to hunt my home state for elk! Beautiful country in that part of the state....enjoy it and definitely post pics and info of the hunt when you finish it! Good luck!

Got a little scouting in today on the 4th. We were able to see a few bulls and a group of cows. I felt good about my first day of scouting. I didn't realize how big the areas was and how thick everything is. But I've got an ideal of how I'm going to go about scouting now. I've got a few more weekends planned this month. I'm going to cover as much ground as I can and see what kind of bulls that are in the area.
These are the first elk we seen
IMG_1716.jpg
We had storms rolling in almost of the day
IMG_1710.jpg
A group of cows along the main creek
IMG_1740.jpg
The creek raised up during the rain
IMG_1742.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members