Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Here comes Friday.......

iminrut

.......Sept 2nd 12:00 noon !!!

You know I'm excited to see another archery season rapidly approaching. Got my Switchback dialed in...........my gear is already to go.......but unlike other years, I haven't been able to locate any eye opening antelope......I mean I spotted that one back in June, but I haven't been able to locate him since.......and with the cost of freakin gas now-a-days, I've about drove my wife nuts with what I've spent trying to locate some animals..............

So I've given to the thought that I'll hunt known areas close to home........Got a respectable goat spotted.....and who knows, he might just suprise me.......he lays out real wide, so he's hard to judge........I'm thinking he'll go in the low 70's............I could have had an opportunity to sneak up to a ridge last night to get a pic, but there were some does feeding below him that could have busted me.....so I didn't want to jinx my hunt when it's only 4 days away..........

I'll see if I can manage some long distance pics before the big day........it'll be a special one for me....it's the first hunt I'm taking my oldest daughter on (she's 6).........hope I can keep her mind occupied, could be some long days.....LOL :D

Then after that, if I manage to get my goat tag filled, it will be off to chase whitey.....the deer, that is..... ;)

Well good luck with you and your little girl.... Great age to start teaching them about hunting, they still don't care... ;)

I know you'll have fun and send us pics... :D

I can't wait, and niether can she......she's been hounding me since last year to take her hunting......feel pretty proud about that.....her younger sister's fired up too(who's 4), and to think that one's first word was "deer"......ya the wife was happy about that, LOL

She's been scouting with me on several trips.......she loves having her own binoculars......We're gonna ground blind it over a water hole this first weekend.......figured it's a good way to start her out, and plus it will mask any of her figgeting or squirming........got the coloring book and colors loaded up, and a big chair for her to curl up in if she get's tired..........don't want to bore her or discourage her, so I'll try to keep her as occupied as I can.....plus i want to keep that ambition going for deer also........

Only thing is, i should have picked up another HT hat....i'm guessing she's gonna claim it....LOL....Lot's of pics to come of the hunt, that's for sure.....

17390100_0277-med.JPG

That is a pretty little girl you have there...

That looks like a tough chair to haul back into a ground blind... :D

Back