Help with Binocular Strap

longbow51

So, I bought this binocular a long time ago, from an Air Force guy, who bought them in Germany. Paid $125. Sentimental value, as they were my go-tos for a long time. Lots of elk and deer, and a few antelope. Anyway, had them rebuilt by a master a couple of years ago; all new seals, eyecups, coatings, etc, and they are great. The straps, however, are no longer available. I'm thinking something to go between the barrels, braided paracord or leather, but don't know whether there is something commercial or not. The problem is the connection to the barrel is unique and obsolete; not a loop, a sort of stud with a forged metal piece fitting to it, originally connected to the strap, if that makes sense. I could just tie a piece of paracord, but want something nicer; passing these along. Thoughts? And these aren't mine, of course, just a stock image.

1714700985856.png

Last edited:
I’d probably find a leatherworker and see if they can get you fixed up with a new strap. I may be wrong, but I thought there were some folks on here that were leatherworkers as a hobby.

You could have a machinist make a duplicate of the metal insert pieces with set screws so you could replace straps more easily.

Take them to the saddle shop and have them build new straps. They’ll be able to fab the end keeper pieces too.
Be just like new

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back