Help! My fiancee claims to not like antelope meat anymore

Lonesome_God_outdoors

So maybe this is my fault for not making enough variety on our meals but last night my fiancee told me she doesnt like antelope meat anymore...I know it's not a processing issue nor a fieldcare one as I feel more than qualified at both. At this point in the year all we have is ground left in the freezer, a few lb of deer stew meat too, so what I'm asking for is a solid ground antelope recipe. I'm hoping this is just a phase as she seemed to enjoy it all winter. It's strange. I know but I'm to invested in her to back out now!

I heard of these places called pawn shops where you can actually turn unwanted rings into guns;) lol
For ground, i mix half and half with ground pork for pretty good meatballs and sauce. Same ratio for swedish meatballs would prob work too. Havent made those in ages. Chilli? Mix with ground turkey for asian potstickers?
Good luck

is she preggers? during our 4 pregnancies, my wife's sense of taste and smell went hyper sensitive. I tried to get her to trail a lion for me, but she wasn't game.

Mule deer meat made her gag, but now she's back to normal. No more pregnancies for us, we figured out what was causing it. :)

I heard of these places called pawn shops where you can actually turn unwanted rings into guns;) lol
For ground, i mix half and half with ground pork for pretty good meatballs and sauce. Same ratio for swedish meatballs would prob work too. Havent made those in ages. Chilli? Mix with ground turkey for asian potstickers?
Good luck

I had people tell me that antelope is inedible but the first time I tried it I found it was delicious.
Idaho has the right idea in mixing other meat into it. I make my burger with bacon ends and pieces or pork shoulder if you don't want bacon flavor.

As a woman, this post cracked me up.

As a cook, I love antelope, but I have not experienced it all winter long, like manna for 40 years either. Wish I could trade you some antelope meat for other wild game or fish.

Antelope is similar to my goat meat so I love to make TexMex recipes with it. Your ground antelope would be good for tacos. I use fresh diced sauteed yellow onions, fresh crushed garlic, some chili powder, fresh ground cumin and salt. As it is cooking, I squeeze in some lime juice. I top it with some more fresh lime juice, cilantro leaves instead of lettuce and use a bit of an organic roasted habanero sauce.

I also cook Middle Eastern and Eastern Indian recipes. These are some of the spices that go well with antelope for a sausage or ground, served with a basmati saffron rice: with warm olive oil in a skillet (I use cast iron) throw in some brown mustard seeds, ground coriander seeds, ground tumeric powder, then add your ground meat, salt, pepper, fresh grated ginger and a little bit of cinnamon and clove powder. Shortly before done I add diced green onions.

For Greek pita I brown the ground meat in skillet with olive oil, with diced yellow onions and fresh crushed garlic (lots), salt and pepper. I make a yogurt (plain) sauce with fresh crushed garlic, dill (either dried, but prefer fresh, chopped), salt and pepper with some lemon juice. I add some diced (strained) cucumber and romaine lettuce to the top of the pita taco, and sometimes with some crumbled feta cheese.

I do like to add some diced organic bacon in with my ground antelope.

Just the first in a natural progression, the middle steps vary, but the final one is her telling you she doesn't like YOU anymore... Mix it with some goose and she will beg for the good 'ol days.

Next thing you know she'll be denigrating the 7-08.;)

....Better nip it in the bud pronto.

I heard the same thing too GR8, one of my favorite meats also. Not quite as good as moose but theres no shame in that. Seriously love antelope.

Taco's are always a great thing! Another way we like it is to brown the ground antelope meat (no mixing w/ other meat), slightly season it with a packet of sloppy joe mix and set aside. Get you some of the jumbo jalapenos, cut in half and hollow out. Stuff jalapeno halves with the seasoned ground meat, seal the exposed portion of the pepper and meat with cream cheese, sprinkle with brown sugar. Grill to your preference. But keep them on until the brown sugar caramelizes! We do the same procedure with dove breasts halves. It's pretty much a appetizer or filler serving, but hey, it's a favorite of mine!

I started my wife in wild game meat with chili. The meat is still there, but there's enough seasoning to 'kill' the flavor of it. I also did red gravy soon after that.

just cooked mule deer bbq ribs slow cooked. left to much fat was very gamey I loved it wife not so much. gameness is in the fat and bone. when processing the scrap I remove the fat and replace with a pork sausage, and spices that you like.

My wife is tired of Antelope as well, prefers Elk.

We've been lucky the past few years in that we have had antelope and elk for our red meat. Even though they are very similar they do have their own flavor.
I don't remember the last time we bought beef. Hopefully we can continue our good luck for years to come.

is she preggers? during our 4 pregnancies, my wife's sense of taste and smell went hyper sensitive. I tried to get her to trail a lion for me, but she wasn't game.

Mule deer meat made her gag, but now she's back to normal. No more pregnancies for us, we figured out what was causing it. :)

Same thing I thought. She would be due dec/Jan so at least it's not mid hunting season!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back