Help me pick a new Bino harness.

I had an AGC but the rubber cladding on my binos would squeak against the fabric in the inside. Very annoying and costly when on a stalk.

I use a Marsupial gear without the magnets now, RF on the right, spare pouch on the left, and I cut the elastic phone sleeve off my ACG and sewed it on the marsupial.

I bought a medium size marsupial fully enclosed for my EL's this fall. It was a pretty tight fit at first but with some use it has loosened up and it has become much easier to operate with one hand. I generally like it, but it isn't as comfortable as the Outdoor Vision Ridgetop harness I used with my Zeiss Conquests. I made some modifications to the OV when I first got it and I really like that harness. Real easy single handed operation.
I’m liking the Marsupial. If you could do it again would you go Large? My Badland’s was always just small enough that if I tripped or something my Binos would pop out and hit the ground. Don’t want whatever I buy to be too small again.

I have the same binos and I put them in the second gen Outdoor Vision harness. They do really well, no rattle and strong magnets. All for a cheaper price compared to others.

Why do people need bino cases with several extra pouches and add-ons? Is it a chest pack?

I’m liking the Marsupial. If you could do it again would you go Large? My Badland’s was always just small enough that if I tripped or something my Binos would pop out and hit the ground. Don’t want whatever I buy to be too small again.
Nope, I bought the perfect size for the 8.5x42 EL. (pretty sure they were the mediums...)

Had the original FHF for years really liked it. Never understood why people complain about the front opening flap.

With that said I just found a great deal on a SG harness. I moved on from the FHF, for personal reasons not functional ones.

So far I am liking the SG harness. Like that it will adjust if/when I buy new binos and the fully enclosed water proof material is nice. Also it is super light and bare bones no frills harness. I have a backpack don't need a chest pack with a bunch of pockets on it. Only down side I thought it would have is the velcro but my hunting parter has used the harness the last 2 years and it is 100% a non issues.

I do have the range finder pouch and bear spray pouch. I feel the range finder pouch is a must have and having the spray attached to me is nice when I drop my pack with my pistol on it to stalk or take care of natures call.

I ran the AGC for many years, well built and layout worked good for having a rangefinder. But when I went to RF binos I had no need for all the extra bulk. Tried a couple different ones and stuck with the KUIU, this current one is much better than their original. It's very compact, get full seal from dust & snow, and has modularity options if wanted. My second choice was the marsupial, and only because I didn't want magnets. They make one now without magnets that I would definitely try if I were looking for one, but I have zero reason to go away from the kuiu, its been great.

After trying a few the marsupial is the one I stayed with. I also have the RF pouch. I tried a few with the rf pouch built in but they were just to large for my preference. I also like a pouch that opens forward. I’m sure there are similar designs to the marsupial that I would like just fine but Im currently happy with this one. I have been using it for about 4/5 years now. Holding up good to use and occasional machine washing.

I’ve been using the marsupial for a few years now and love it. Very simple and svelte design. Super comfortable to wear all day and does a great job at protecting my binos.

Back